1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Destinations in Maharashtra: Help needed

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sungoa2010, Jan 26, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I am planning for a family trip in Maharashtra.
    My options are (from goa) given below. This is part of an holiday offer that I got.

1. Ganpatiphule(282 km)

Near to Goa. So I can avoid travel time. How is this place?

2. Alibaug(522 km)
    How is this place compared to Goa beaches. Since I stay in Goa do I consider this place.

3. Mahableswar(420kms)
    4. Panchgani(400kms)

If I stay in one of the place for 2 nights Can I visit the other location ? How is the roads. Is it better to rent a car to visit the near by places.
    If the road is too bad I prefer not to spoil my car.

5. Lonavala(515 km)
    How is this place and road conditions? Will the drive be hectic if cover in one day?

Please help me in choosing the best best option.
    Thanks in advance
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    no Alibag Pleez jus loads of crowd and dirty beaches , Ganpatipule>mahabaleshwer>lonavala vl be good option
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Ganapatiphule is the best among all these places

Lonavala is pretty crowded on weekends. Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani used to be good a few years back, I am not sure about how good it is now. My vote is for Ganapatiphule
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ganpatipule is the best. Amother locations are Harihareshwar, Kihim beach,Raigadh fort. There is rope-way on Raigadh fort.

You can do hault at Ganpatipule & do shuttle for visiting the locations. One more exciting journey is crusing through ghat of Polaadpur. Entire ghat section is huge. Guess! 42 km.

Ghat is on ganpatipule-Mahabaleshwar road

This ghat is challenge for cars. Sharp turns,deep valley etc.

Don,t go by hired taxi. Taxi drivers are very costly
    Roads are good

P.S. You may get good milege because of adulterated petrol of MH state.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Please drop Aliabaug, beaches are dirty as compared to GOA beach.

I will recommend you to stay at Mahabaleshwar it is like heaven.... wake up early morning and go for to have a look of Sun Rise at William's point.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I drove in my Linea from Panaji to Mahabaleshwar in March 2010 via Poladpur. Left Panaji by noon and reached Mahabaleshwar by 8:30 pm. The road condition of NH 17 from Panaji to Poladpur and SH from Poladpur to Mahabaleshwar was good then. From Mahabaleshwar, you can visit Panchgani which is en route to Lonavala. Don't miss sunset on NH 17 somewhere near Chiplun [subject to time] and strawberry cream and makai pattice at Mahabaleshwar. I enjoyed these delicacies for breakfast, lunch and dinner!:)
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. nav75

nav75 Amatore

Pune
    As you would be coming from Goa side, how about adding Tarkarli to the list?
    Personally, I liked Tarkarli more than Ganpatiphule as its less crowded. Last I visited Tarkarli was around 2yrs back, so not sure about the current road conditions.
  8. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

You can also skip Lonavala. Its completely dry these days, Yesterday I went to Lonaval, nothing great to mention. this place is amazing in monsoon. You can also consider Nasik(Sula Winery), Aurangabad(Ajanta Ellora Caves), Shirdi.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    @Aniket,speedjet,Bhai,kedar,Ravi sir, Nav,Gmittal: Thanks for your response and advice. Ravi sir special thanks for recommendation for makkai pattice. My family is more interested in mahabaleswar. Does NH4(via ambolim) take less time than NH17.
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    If you are going via NH 4, you can visit Panchgani first, and then, Mahabaleshwar.