1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DESMODRONIC FOLDABLE KEY

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nskumar, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    No, dude. I have not done anything to Grande, Its the same as it came from the Showroom, As i was there only for 45 days with her they had to come back to Kuwait, but this time will do some upgrading in July as few things are there in my agenda.

Sorry Aaron, recently have put Leather Seats, Seat belt Cushion. (And off course had made all glass Tinted with leather Steering wheel cover.- during my stay in jan 2010)
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011
  2. Hey Tony,

I live and work in Dubai.. :) Nice to know that you are in the Gulf as well.

I bought my car 2 years ago but it has generally been idle since my family doesnt drive much. Its just about 5000 on the odo after 2 years. of those over 4000 belong to my trips whenever i was in India. Now i am going back for good in Feb and hope to see many miles on the odo.. :)

My last trip in October 2010, i too noticed problems with the Desmodronic Key just like others here.. I too changed the batteries and it worked for a coupla days and then it stopped working again.. I guess duplicate battery.. anyways will take it to TASS and have it checked out. will post my feedback sometime feb-end when am there. :)

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Hey Tony,

I live and work in Dubai.. :) Nice to know that you are in the Gulf as well.

I bought my car 2 years ago but it has generally been idle since my family doesnt drive much. Its just about 5000 on the odo after 2 years. of those over 4000 belong to my trips whenever i was in India. Now i am going back for good in Feb and hope to see many miles on the odo.. :)

My last trip in October 2010, i too noticed problems with the Desmodronic Key just like others here.. I too changed the batteries and it worked for a coupla days and then it stopped working again.. I guess duplicate battery.. anyways will take it to TASS and have it checked out. will post my feedback sometime feb-end when am there. :)

Cheers.
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not required to buy a pair.. U can order a single Foldable key.. It costs around 6.5k I believe..

But takes time to b delivered is what I've heard..

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Any one know the current price of a new OEM Key pair (Desmodronic + Spare key)?

Asking because i was talking to the mechanic a couple of weeks ago and he was telling me that the price of the Key set has come down to below 5K now from the >10K price earlier. Reason being they have now bought the expensive machine that makes Keys locally in India, so no more importing from Italy anymore.

Not sure if this is for real though.