1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DESMODRONIC FOLDABLE KEY

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nskumar, Dec 13, 2010.

1. 6500rpm

6500rpm

New Delhi
    Happened the same to me...

I started using the normal key. After a few days, folding key started working but with a small glitch. The boot used to get opened during driving sometimes or even sometimes when the key are near around the car. So again stopped using the folding key. Then took it to the Service Center and they did something to it. Now it works fine...
  2. pvgoutham

pvgoutham

Bangalore
    Hi Friends,

I am new to this form, just brought Linea 1.3 EP, the wet key gives problem, and its due to some amount of water left, even drying don't take all the vapor out.
    I am not sure about this key, but if you can open the remote and then dry it, clean it will cleaning agent (after shave will do, because it evaporates), and dry it again, it must back, but remove the battery before cleaning. And don't change the Frequency (nob if represent).
    Hope this helps, as it helped me a lot of times, as my daughter taken the old car remote in her mouth.

Regards,
    Vinay
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Keep the wet key on the back portion of your television(the old one, not the LCD) for about half an hour and then check. The moisture will be gone.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    whenever wet, be it mobile or any electonic. never try to operate it. just disassemble it, dry it with a blower. use a clean dry brush and rub the circuit. if corrosion is seen use iso-proply alcohol to clean it.

after ensuring its damn dry try and operate it. i have saved atleast 5-6 mobiles in such a way :) cheers.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    And where ever possible remove the battery from the device.
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Always wondered how much time and money it takes to get a new key. My colleague spent 15K and took 15 days to get the new key for his Skoda Laura.
  7. it takes a minimum 1 month with repeated follow ups to the service center plus a dent of 12.000 to your pocket for the remote controlled key
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    OMG. Just try it by drying it in out in the Hot sun and then rubbing the circuit with Pencil eraser, If it works then you are LUCKYYYYYY.
    Can we fix FIAT foldable Box to the normal key without remote, just inquiring for my Active.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Tony- I don't think it is possible to do that. The design of the metal prt is completely different for both the keys. At least the key for Active variant won't be foldable. So, no point adding so much bulk to a regular key IMO.
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @tony

u havent installed Central Locking for ur active?? Ive seen a couple of after market CL's causing probs in punto's..