1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DESMODRONIC FOLDABLE KEY

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nskumar, Dec 13, 2010.

1. nskumar

nskumar

COIMBATORE
    hi guys ..help me out. remote key got washed in the washing machine.took it out and dried on hot sunlight for almost 1 hr..not working.what to do?
  2. Go to TASS and see if they can fix.If they can't they'll order a new one make sure you have the key card ready.You'll find the key card in you glove box. It might cost you though i don't know how much
  3. TASS should be in a position to repair this for you. Dont worry !
    New keys will cost you around Rs. 7000 approx. Just ensure that you have the card with the code intact.
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    The battery might have gone. Try replacing the battery. The directions for replacing the battery is in the Handbook. If it still does not work, you will need the code card to get a new one ordered at the dealer.
  5. I doubt battery has gone. The remote would have worked even after washing if battery was not there.Battery caused a short circuit when water came in contact with the remote. Most likely you'll have to replace the remote.Thats how solid state electronics work unfortunately.
  6. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    To my knowledge , one set of key , ( 1 with remote & 1 normal key ) costs INR 12000 , you've to buy both as a set.

check it if it can be repaired.

Good luck

Atul
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Hola mola..thats a costly pair of keys :(
    Can it be covered under insurance ?
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I believe you can use the key without the remote functionality. Try removing the batteries and dry it once again, if you are lucky it might work. My understanding is that as long as the device is not operated while wet, it might be possible to recover.
  9. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    The reason for its high price is :
    1) Its unique design ( desmodronic ) , the slot on both the sides are machined on VMC ,Its virtually impossible to duplicate.
    2) Its made in Italy

Atul
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    The cost of Punto's Desmodronic Foldable Key is Rs. 5000-odd TASC needs to order it & it takes time to arrive.