1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dent on the bonnet. Culprit COCONUT

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by mammu, Jun 28, 2013.

1. mammu

mammu

Trivandrum
    While washing my Punto exotica Red last week, i was shocked to see a huge dent on my bonnet,:( Just below the windshield exactly on the thinnest part of the car the side of the bonnet. Current dent is on the left hand side and i already had few minor dents on right hand side.

Now the question is will i get insurance for denting and repainting the whole bonnet. If not what would be the approximate cost of doing the same.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  2. It is better not to claim with insurance, if repair charge is less than 10k , as you will be losing NCB.
  3. mammu

mammu

Trivandrum
    Actually my premium was around 9.5 k last time. NCB comes around 15-20%. Is the 10k Figure justifiable. I have least knowledge in insurance section
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Here is how it works:

20% discount on Premium - No claim made or pending during the preceding full year of insurance
    25% discount on Premium - No claim made or pending during the preceding 2 consecutive years of insurance
    35% discount on Premium - No claim made or pending during the preceding 3 consecutive years of insurance
    45% discount on Premium - No claim made or pending during the preceding 4 consecutive years of insurance
    50% discount on Premium - No claim made or pending during the preceding 5 consecutive years of insurance

So, if this is the first year of insurance and the bill is > 20% of what you paid last year, claim. Else, pay from your pocket. In other words, if you have had a policy for several years and have not made any claim, then the minimum bill amount that would justify a claim keeps increasing.

However, keep this in mind - when you make a claim, the NCB is set back to zero and you start over. Now you do the math and decide.

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  5. mammu

mammu

Trivandrum
    @PatchyBoy Clean as a whistle. Now the question arises how much roughly it would cost if i am not claiming. There is Minor denting work and repainting.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is the simplest part. Go to the nearest trusted body shop and ask for an estimate. That would be the real cost. Then go to the nearest FASS and ask for an estimate. That would be the cost for claiming insurance :D

Rajan
  7. mammu

mammu

Trivandrum
    :-D I was so curious to know. Anyhow i am about to make a visit to TASS tomorrow
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    at SC it would cost atleast 3k. maybe more
  9. It will be tricky to remove only the dents and get that area painted, and color matching will be a problem.So best option is to get the whole bonnet dent free and get it painted.approx cost should be 6k,now if your car had metallic paint the cost will increase a little there.
    Try to get this job done from outside from experts, you will save a good amount and the finish will be way better.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. mammu

mammu

Trivandrum
    Yah i am planing to get the whole bonnet repainted. But here in trivandrum good private garage are very few. Any trivandrum guys here any suggestions