1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Delphi HU-it has an aux-in support at the back but can it really play the same?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by sidindica, Jan 25, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Nope. Does not work with Delphi. Look for Cinju's post in the other mammoth thread on this topic. While the Delphi HU also has the same 8 pin ISO connector for CDC, it expects CDC Data-in/Data-Out in addition to those three pins that are connected. I have tried connecting to just those 3 pins manually, but in vain :(

Rajan
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  2. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    Oh ok.. I will also try to find something.Will check with any good technician.But there is nothing is impossible.
    1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Absolutely. It all depends on how much you are willing to try. :D. Good luck. Keep us posted on what you find.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  4. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    We can meet anytime to share the inputs and for all R & Ds ..Where you are staying Blr ?I am in B Narayanpura(KR Puram).
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is right next door :D

I stay close to Avalahalli - 10 kms from KR Puram on OMR towards Hosakote. We can meet up during the proposed meeting 1st week of March, so we have more heads? Alternately, we can also have a DIY meet like the Mumbai members did last weekend at my place sometime. I have a personal workshop (Just for my DIY passion :D) at my place and we might end up learning a few new things. What say guys?

Rajan
  6. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    I am ready you fix the dates first...
  7. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    Can i add amplifier with aux input to play from my phone or anyother music device ?.I dont want to change my stock HU.
  8. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    I had the same idea! I have an 4ch Amp and it has 2 inputs 1) speaker level and 2) RCA (pre amp inputs) so I was wondering if it would be possible to connect all OEM 4 OEM speakers, 2 OEM Tweeters and a sub woofer to the 4 channels of the amp. Then Connect the OEM HU via speaker level inputs and a direct AUX via Pre Amp. Since the car is dad's and can't do without blue and me changing the HU is not an option.
    (P.S: I have the Blaupunkt HU and I feel that the sound quality is pretty good, maybe not the best.. But surely not bad)
    Experts please advice
    Regards,
    Karan
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. sidindica

sidindica

-
    Nothing has happened from the stone age stereo, so took it out, stored it in my museum of lost pages of history books (my room loft) and replaced with a pioneer 6590 with CD, USB, aux and BT, all for just 8.5K including wiring and panel. From being barely loaded, it has now almost become fully loaded. Convenience gained, aesthetics lost. But it opens a room for a kickass audio setup.
  10. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Even though there are aftermarket solutions to the audio system, my personal opinion is that an aftermarket HU looks a lil out of place... Besides the big issue of loosing blue and me .. And having to look at the dead steering wheel controls would be an eyesore . I am going to try my amplifier setup soon (parallel aux direct to amp, it should work logically) Very eager.. but have exams going on which need more attention

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2