1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi Route updates

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by speedJet, Sep 9, 2011.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I had been to J aipur last weekend (2nd Sep to 4th Sep 2011). Posting the route updates:

- Gurgaon to Jaipur (around 220 kms) took around 5 hours on a Friday afternoon
    - Jaipur to Gurgaon took around 7 hours on Sunday evening. The road back from Jaipur is in a very pathetic condition

Anybody planning to go to Jaipur please plan alternate routes or a weekday day time if possible

MODS: please merge this to an existing thread if it exists. Alternatively this thread can be used for Delhi-Jaipur route updates
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Best way to reach Jpr from Delhi is to catch the Shatabdi train or a volvo- road is not worthy for FIAT's or any car as such.. hopefully the roads will get better starting now (after mansoon)
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I am planning to take Chandigarh>New Delhi>Jaipur>Udaipur>Pune>Bangalore [NH 1/8/4] for my return journey to Bangalore the next week [on week days]. Should I take alternative route? If so, which route should be taken? Kindly advise.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Ravi

I had started on Friday around 12 PM from Gurgaon Rajiv Chowk (around 35 kms from Central Delhi). We took half an hour break and yet were able to enter Jaipur by 5 PM. So, I assume that if it is a weekday you should be fine as long as you are driving during the day time and it is not raining (yes all hell breaks loose when it is raining - you can get stuck for hours in a jam if it rains for an hour in Delhi :eek:). Just try to avoid driving during evening/night time (trucks are not allowed to run in Delhi between 8 AM to 8 PM and so traffic is more at night)

If you are thinking of alternative route then maybe New Delhi --> Agra --> Jaipur could be one route (albeit a longer distance but you could visit Taj). However I am not aware of the conditions of that route

Best of luck bro
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Came back today itself from jaipur, and the roads are not even worth mentioning, I had to crawl with 17's, on the way back to delhi the roads are terribly bad in shape
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Luckily, Ravi is planning to go to Jaipur and not planning to come back. The journey back from Jaipur was miserably long for me - more than 7 hours for a measely 220 kms :(
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, speedJet. I shall take New Delhi-Jaipur route on a weekday during afternoon. I am not interested in Agra as we had visited Taj Mahal several times.
  8. Pit_Bull

Pit_Bull

Chennai
    Are you guys referring to the NH-8 from Jaipur to Delhi? Isn't that a part of the Golden Quadrilateral? I thought all roads in the GQ are fantastic, except for heavy traffic in some stretches.

I'm planning to do a GQ trip from Chennai, this March 2012, in my Linea. So, I'm keenly following the road conditions of the route. I guess this bad condition is due to the monsoon. Will they revamp it once the monsoon gets over? :?
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I did Delhi-Ahmedabad in the night. Nothing to worry. All the potholes due to monsoon rains were patched up. I never faced any problem in Gurgaon-Manesar-Jaipur stretch.
  10. Pit_Bull

Pit_Bull

Chennai
    I heard that the best time to do Jaipur - Delhi is in the noon time, so that one can avoid the truck traffic. Thank you very much for the update sir :)