1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Defensive Driving Techniques.

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by mescotc, Nov 9, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    nikonsun, I agree with you. I always check for the blind spot. But, don't expect this in India. There is no unified policy of educating and providing license in India. On highways I always honk or use my headlights to alert the vehicles before I overtake.
  2. bak

bak Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Do not switch on fog lamps in city, unless you really require them, those lamps create far more glare on eyes. Fog lamps are not ment to show off them as you have.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
    2 people like this.
  3. mayank

mayank Amatore

this post reminds me the day when we decided to leave our car for a highway trip just bcuz we were informed abt the worse road conditions!! we hired an indica taxi and the whole trip went ok! but while returning on a single lane heavy traffic highway we were forced to get thrilled! we were behind a truck at around 70km/hrs and here there were two buses honking with their full pressure horns wanted to overtake both our car and the truck which was going ahead of us..and there were a few instances when the bus behind back came parallel to us and still he was honking like hell but had to slow down due to oncoming traffic! i wanna know what to do in such situations?? where u dont even have much options to protect urself like changing the lanes cuz of a narrow single lane road and where u cant even pick up some speed because of the big dumper going ahead where u cant even break because the ones coming behind wont even care if they hit u because they are driving a govt. vehicle!
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Best you can do is to slow down and let the crazy vehicle pass you, if road conditions doesn't allow to give way just pray he doesn't hit you. CTU bus drivers are the worst followed by Punjab and Haryana roadways.
    Sometimes, I wish our car's come with a loud speaker on the roof and a mic inside instead of horns through which we can shout anything we want to crazy drivers like that.
    4 people like this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

hahaha... :D:D
    I totally agree with that :)
  6. mayank

mayank Amatore

ha ha ha :D well said vijay :D and don't forget those himachal state transport drivers too :D they also go reckless many times :D
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Just pull the buss driver aside and give him a good blah, even the passengers in the buss will appreciate you as we need someone to open the talk. By doing this type of maniac driving he is risking the life of innocents.............
    1 person likes this.
  8. saroshmk

Traffic lights are a great life leveller. I've almost always noticed people speeding agressively loose their advantage at the next set of traffic lights. Most times, the time saved doesn't really amount to anything substantial & for the risk taken.
    1 person likes this.
  9. WOW!!!even i share the same thought...Sometimes even after honking umpteen number of times most of the people are least bothered,that is when i feel like shouting at them..:drinks
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    When did you get DVR? same as the one with roy??
    I ll have hundreds of clippings from mine, to show how idiotic people are on the road !!! Even yesterday, a friend of mine was going in bike, suddenly a old lady jumped into the road to cross from nowhere n he braked hard, but unfortunately he hit her n fell down... What can be done? as you ve hit a lady, will the onlookers be silent, they ll start their routine shower of abuse !!
    1 person likes this.