1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Defective volume control knob or defective HU?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by bhai, Apr 7, 2013.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have OEM HU to my 90 HP. 2 problems I am facing.

1) When I rotate V C knob, instead of increase in volume it falls down.
    I mean if volume is at 9, it jumps down to 6,5 or 4.
    If I rotate knob steadily volume goes up. If I raise with little bit urgency it goes down.

2) Stored FM station automatically delete while HU is ON.
    & HU again starts to make autosearch.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Point 1 is faced by almost every Punto/Linea owner I know of. Shows the quality of the Delphi HU. I guess the blaupunkts were better.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  3. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i am facing the same issue, what can be the cause?? its really annoying some time, specially when you are in hurry.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

Yes I am also facing this issue from the day one and SC guys still resolving this problem, after registering the complain in each scheduled service. Now I rely on steering mounted audio control.
  5. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Strange. Mine's a 2009 Blaupunkt unit and I never faced this issue.
  6. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Almost all the Punto have the 1st problem.....My SA also said this......
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Add me to the list. Sometimes when i try and reduce the volume via the knob in a hurried manner, the volume falls down to 0. :D

Cheers.
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    1) Even I have this volume knob problem and I tell people that its a feature to put the volume to 0 :D

2) change the AF switching to OFF. The shortcut key to do it is the unnamed button on the bottom right corner of the HU.
  9. basavaraj koti

basavaraj koti Novizio

bangalore
    All 2012 Punto model have this issue in common. Even my punto has the same issue. When i wrote the same to Fiat, they replied with the below.
    ---------------------
    "We have noted the issue , since it requires to remove the stereo and send it to the authorised service centre in Chennai and once rectified it will be sent back the whole process might take one week to 10 days. Unfortunately Concorde Motors will not be part of Fiat from 1[SUP]st[/SUP] of April 2013.

M/S Prerana Motors continue to do service of Fiat Vehicle in their new exclusive Fiat workshop we request you to contact Mr. Chenna Basappa Service Manager Prerana Motors Fiat branch for your future needs and rectification of the present issues.
    We have noted the issue , since it requires to remove the stereo and send it to the authorised service centre in Chennai and once rectified it will be sent back the whole process might take one week to 10 days. Unfortunately Concorde Motors will not be part of Fiat from 1[SUP]st[/SUP] of April 2013.

M/S Prerana Motors continue to do service of Fiat Vehicle in their new exclusive Fiat workshop we request you to contact Mr. Chenna Basappa Service Manager Prerana Motors Fiat branch for your future needs and rectification of the present issues. "
    ----------------
    After this i spoke to Mr.Chenna Basappa, regarding the issue and reply from fiat, he insisted me to visit the service center after April 15.

So waiting for April 16th.
  10. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

TN07
    DRIV3R is spot on.