1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dec'09 1.3 MJD Linea Emotion - were Alloys and Air Bags a std. accessory ?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by harmeetsingh, Mar 26, 2014.

1. harmeetsingh

harmeetsingh

Delhi
    Friends,

I am considering to buy a used Dec'09 , 1.3 MJD Linea Emotion. I am just concerned with the fact that the car doesn't have allow wheels and Air bags . Were these a part of std. accessory list in the 2009 model Linea Emotion ? Any idea surrounding it ?

Also, what should be a good price of this car . Some more details --

- Fully Insured till Dec'14
    - ODO - 1,64,000 ( Engine is in good shape though + no sound + have checked all service records )
    - no accidents
    - needs minor denting painting & dry cleaning
    - Original Blaupunkt stereo
    - Tyres - done arnd 15K km's
    - color - White
    - AC works fine
    - Seller is the first owner

thoughts ??

PS -- too excited to buy a Fiat after test driving it !! :p
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pre 2012 , alloys and airbags were standard on Emotion Pack variant which is the current Emotion variant (top end). Whoaa! 1,64,000 is quite a bit on the odo and good to know that its still going strong :up

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Correction. :)

Previous Emotion pack = Current Dynamic.
    Current Emotion = Current Dynamic+16" Alloys+Leather seats+Cruise control.
  4. harmeetsingh

harmeetsingh

Delhi
    ok.. So in a nutshell, Alloys and Airbags werent a std. accessory in 2009 model Linea Emotion.

What would be a good price for this car ?

I am planning to ( if i buy ) immdiately flush the engine oil using Engine Flush and then add engine oil with Neulon. What other things should I do after buying ?

Also , I observed that one of the front headlamp is slightly cracked. How much would a new cost me ?
  5. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Front headlamp will cost around Rs.4500 per piece.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Considering the car has done 1.64 lakh km & it doesn't have alloys or airbags, I would say you should buy it for a max price of 3.5l-4l.. This is purely my assumption.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Never flush an engine that has run a good number of kilometers.
    Simply change the engine oil and you will be good to go.
    How much is the seller quoting for this one?
  7. harmeetsingh

harmeetsingh

Delhi
    Hi Akshay,

Thanks for your response.
    What is the reason behind your recommendation of not flushing the engine ? From my understanding it simply removes the carbon from the engine.. So irrespective of the mileage, i thought it would be a good idea to cleanse the engine. I am still interested to know your opinion.

Seller is asking for 3.5l.will see how it works out.
  8. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Harmeet, considering the fact that the car has run a decent number of kilometers, is a emotion variant (not the emotion pack) and your city I.e Delhi, this price seems to be a tad more than what you should be paying for. One of my friend bought a 40k run 2010 Linea emotion pack MJD for 3.25 in Delhi itself. So better be sure on the pricing thing. I opine 2.5 to 3.00 should be the max offer depending on your negotiation skills.

All the best and hope to see your car in coming days!

Cheers,
    Mahesh
  9. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

No way brother. I'm not getting a similar offer for my 2009 Linea Emotion with 65k on odo.
    It should go no more than 3L.
  10. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    You'll definitely get 3.5l+ for sure...Coz the dealer here in T Nagar itself is willing to buy for 3.5l+ for my friends Linea Emotion Pck 71k run. If you put an ad in Sulekha, chances are there some direct customer will buy it for good price.

- - - Merged Post - - -

And I agree, the car mentioned by Harmeet, having run for 1.6k+, you'll get it below 3.5l
    1 person likes this.