1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dealer tried to cheat - EDIT - Matter Resolved

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by VIJENDRA SINGH, Oct 10, 2014.

1. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello everyone. I booked Linea T Jet emotion on 06/10/2014 & opted for loan from SBI. The deal was sealed at 1001000/- as I was given free insurance & corporate discount. I gave booking amount of 50,000/-. The Sales person took all required document needed by bank for loan but he forgot to get it attested from me. Yesterday by luck I happen to visit bank & I signed the entire document. The bank manager was sent the quotation via email but due to some problem he was not able to see it. I returned home from bank & called sales person to assure that he has incorporated the corporate discount in the quotation given to bank, then comes the twist the sales person got confused & thought that I have revealed the info about the discount to the bank manager, at first I too got confused but later I came to know that he has quoted to bank the non-discounted price that too with 10,000/- extra in ex-showroom price. Man, I was stunned, totally blank. It would have cost me 50,000/- including interest if I were unaware of this malpractice. I called sales person & he said that he will send the same amount as per the deal we made during the booking. I talked to FIAT & they said to have conference call with dealer & me. What should I do?
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Keep the concerned parties especially Fiat and the dealer in email loop. Surely when Fiat is involved actively the dealer will behave.. (hopefully).
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thats strange coz when you apply to the bank for a car loan, you need to fill the bank applicaion form where you need to sign and make sure the amount of loan availed. The bank also needs the invoice copy for processing the loan. How come you missed it on two occassions? Anyways its good that you made doubly sure of the loan amount in the nick of time. But do write to Fiat mentioning the incdent, not their mistake but atleast dealer will be pulled up for the same.
  4. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    I have, in written the amount after discount under the letter head of dealer but the dealer mailed a different quotation to bank manager & due to network problem manager couldn't see that mail, I went bank to sign my documents, the loan is yet to be processed. I don't want to buy anyother car. This dealer is the closest & that too 120 Kms from my home.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Doesn't look like big issue, but some confusion. Go and talk to dealer (who is the dealer), and try to meet some senior manager there. Talk it out.
  6. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    I am yet to recive the mail regarding quotation of dealer from the bank manager.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The mentioned letterhead or xerox or camera photo could help to sort out this mess. So record on phone or via email communication or such between the sales guy and you will prove the facts of the case. For the seniors at dealership and also the bank. Either ways the bank will just follow your instructions in this case. Does not matter what the dealership wants to quote. You are the bank's customer not the dealership.
  8. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    I wish that too.

The sales guy of dealer is on right track after he knew that his intentions were clear to me. I was just confused after this incident to proceed with dealing or to drop the deal as dealer's commitment seems to be crap.

Talked to Sales person at dealership & assured him to mail me in cc regarding any conversation with the bank.

EDIT - Matter solved, Sales person sent the quotation to bank manager as per our discussion. What a relief!!
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    mangeshtendulkar and Ravi like this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to know, edited title accordingly.
    rishike007 likes this.
  10. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Yeah it was supposed to be.

Thank you all for the concern & suggestions, its a TEAM after all:)