1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dealer Invitation To Fiat Owners!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Grandeur, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Waiting to hear from Fortune Nerul about the meet
  2. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    My dealer (A-one motors CP, Delhi) died long ago. So I have no problem..... I get invite from no one now in case this starts in Delhi. hahaha
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    May his soul REST IN PEACE!!!!!!
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Guys !! i won in the Fiat Mileage Rally - Pune

Guys!! a good news to share.

I won a 2nd position prize in the Fiat mileage rally conducted by FIAT and Pandit Auto Pune.

The rally was flagged off from the Pandit auto showroom on tilak road and ended at Holiday inn near balewadi.
    it was around 21kms rally through the city traffic, flyovers and with 5 check points.

luckily i dint miss out any check points :p

i managed a mileage figure of 28.2 kms on the MID.

But as per fiat method of calibration of auto cut off to auto cut off which went vague with me and so the other owners finally the results were declared as

1. Punto petrol ~ 21.5

2. Punto Diesel ~ 21

3. Linea Petrol ~ 11.5

4. Linea Diesel ~ 19.5

5. Linea TJET ~ 13.4

My mileage was 19.2.

Diesel owners faced a problem due to filling method.

the tanks were filled till auto cut off at swargate HP pump. obviously my car was not filled properly as he dint insert the nozzle completely inside and immediately it got cut off. but i said just forget it as it was a fun rally.

For the first time i drove without AC in scroching sun and the slowest ever driven in my whole life with perfect gear shifts.

When we reached the last HP pump near sayaji hotel hinjewadi again the tanks were topped up.

i thought that only 700-800 ml will go in, but this guy was putting the fuel nozzle deep in and my auto cut off kicked in late at 1.1 litres

i wasnt expecting a break thru and was quite nervous - as i had put my best to drive and when my MID was showing 28.2 which is fairly accurate i wasnt happy with 1.1 litres going in.

but then the same happened will all cars.

i got the 2nd prize with difference very narrow mine at 19.2 and 1st as 19.5 KMPL.

The event was very well organised and there was good entertainment at the hotel with magic shows, comedy laughter shows, kerala art performances followed by a buffet lunch.

so at the end it was a good FIAT Family get together and we enjoyed a lot.
  5. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

A BIG CONGRATS!!!! Awaiting some pictures!!!
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune
    @ Kedar - Some pics please :)

Thanks a lot Grandeur, and yes Fiat is planning to arrange the same in mumbai soon.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Here is the report of FIAT Mileage Rally 2011.:steering

Saturday 16th 5:00 PM. Meeting was scheduled for the attending of this rally. MOM of this meeting.

1) Discussion done on the rules of this Rally. You need take sticker from all 5 check points then only you will be qualified or else you are disqualified.
    2) Then discussed about the routes and the check point location.
    3) First we need fill the fuel ( Tank Full ) & whatever is top up required will be provided from FIAT.
    4) Winners will get Fridge & runner will get Washing Machine. Best Testimonial for FIAT will also get the price.:D
    5) All attendees will need report at 8:00 AM on Sunday 17th Apr.

Sunday 17th April. I reached there at sharp 8:00 AM. What I saw lots of cars already coming & lots of cars were coming on the venue. Total 86 cars were participated in this Rally. Rally started bit late at near about 9:00 AM. They were sending 5 cars at a time with a gap of 5-10 mins.
    Every car need refill the fuel at Swarget & that was Point A & Point B was the HP Petrol Pump near Sayaji Hotel, Wakad. When I started there was bit traffic at Swarget & after that there was less traffic as it was SUNDAY. When we refilled the car they took the reading from ODO. Mine was 10944.

Started from Swarget then Tilak Road, Alka Talkies & then came to the Tukaram Padika Chauk FC Road it was first check point. Got a sticker of first check point. Again journey started towards University Road, 2nd check point was near Pune Central. The Linea which was next to me, he missed that check point when we were taking our 2nd Checkpoint sticker. I overtake that Linea & informed him that you missed the check point . ( & to my surprise he was TFI member Italia Linea ). After informing him we headed towards the flyover took a road of Baner ( Thanks to FIAT Route Indicators ). 3rd Check point YASHADA at Baner Road collected the 3rd Checkpoint sticker & moved towards Pune Mumbai Express Highway collected 4th Check point sticker from the Green Park hotel Baner then collected 5th checkpoint sticker from Hotel Sadanand. Then we got connected to the Express Highway & then took a U turn from Wakad, near MY Car Maruti Showroom. Reached at Point B HP Petrol Pump at Wakad. My ODO reading was 10963.
    Now time was to refill the Petrol my car took 1.02 ltr again to fill up the TANK. So I got 10963-10944=19. 19/1.02= 18.62 kmpl mileage. Highest mileage achiever was 21.4 kmpl. After refilling Petrol we headed towards Holiday IN Hotel. All of us greeted well. It was wallet parking gave car key to the Driver & we entered in Hotel. Again greeted by a LADY with beautiful eyes :cool:.

We reached there at 10:00 AM. I thought Breakfast will available as all of us left home early morning so didn’t get enough time for breakfast. Breakfast was not available :eek: it was very sad, totally disappointed by the Event Management Team. That FAT lady apologized all of us for this inconvenience :uh.

After sometime we entered in a HALL booked for us. Again a big disappointment. Chairs were not available for most of us & most people were family member, few of them were senior citizen & all of them were standing. :(:hit.

First event was the Kerala Art. I will upload the video for the same. Then one magician came in & presented few magic tricks which I found was not so good. Then Mr. Sandeep Gaikwad a well known Marathi comedian from a REALITY Show on Z TV Marathi presented his talend. Kudos to him when he did mimicry of most of the Bollywood Actors. Specially I likes mimicry of Dilip Prabhawalkar. :clap.
    Again one more comedian presented his talent he was from Nashik.

Then break for LUNCH. Again big disappointment. There was huge line for Buffet Lunch. We were starving & need wait for the queue. Me and my 3 friends had food outside. Came back price distributed & Rally was over. :uh

Will upload few pics and video in the evening.
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Amit !! I was trying to call you but I guess you were busy trying to eek out every bit of FE from your car ;)

btw : I am going to write to Fiat about the poor manner in which this event was publicised. For some reason : only those who bought their cars from Pandit Auto were contacted. I never received a call. I checked with a couple of other Punto owners : even they did not receive any call from Fiat. I don't think they sent any email, and even if it was sent : I did not receive it.

Was this even posted on Fiat India's facebook page ?

What a chance they wasted to get some good publicity.

@Italia-Linea : how many cars in total participated ?
  9. Italia-Linea

Pune
    ya amogh i was trying to reach you in the morning. i saw many blue puntos, so i thought you are already there. also saw some of our forum members.

i wasnt there in my car when you called back. saw your sms and thought will call you after reaching. then i went in the hotel and left my cell in the car outside.
    sorry about that.

even i wasnt aware about the rally. i got a call 2 days before saying that there is one rally. i never knew it was a mileage rally :)

I too questioned them why only pandit customers were called. they said that they also called most of BUB customers whose no was in data base and who had serviced their cars before.

Many people got letters and emails and i saw it on our forum as well as other forums.

they got an overwhelming response. they werent expecting so many vehicles and their arrangements fell shorts.

i guess there were around 120 cars. my no was 36, my friends no was 90 i guess.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Italian Linea thanks for posting this report here. I was not aware of this thread & I didnt posted a new thread for the same. I posted this report in Grandeur's thread. Thanks. & What do you say. Did enjoyed this event. IMO this event was not organized well. The event management team was failed to organize this event. What say????

BTW I got 18.62 kmpl mileage.