1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dealer asks me to pay the full loan amount before PDI

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by gklc811, May 29, 2015.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Most of the times shortage of the funds is the reason. Happened with one of my colleague's Tjet Linea. Delivery delayed by 3 to 4 weeks.
    gklc811 likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

Do an initial pre-PDI. Then see whether you want to trust (yes IMO sometimes trusting is the best strategy, not except-for-cars but especially-for-cars!) Ramkay, who are not known for funny dealing, or are they? Consider this: what's the worst that could happen if you release the loan amount after a pre-PDI? A delay in delivery by a week or two? Perhaps, then, trust may not be quite-so irrational, especially since it brings other 'advantages'/'benefits'?

Do remember that small-turnover dealerships at small-turnover firms (eg., Fiat India) try to keep a very lean inventory, and try to do a very 'tight' job of managing payments in and out. That's the nature of the beast: i don't see it necessarily as a sign of dubious-ness of motive.

gklc811 likes this.
  3. gklc811

gklc811 Novizio

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for your advice prabhot.
    the dealer has now agreed for releasing loan amount after showing me the car.
    Mind in peace now.
    prabhjot likes this.