1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dealer asks me to pay the full loan amount before PDI

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by gklc811, May 29, 2015.

1. gklc811

gklc811 Novizio

Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,

Immediate response required guys. Have booked avvy emotion by paying 25K.
    The dealer says that full amount needs to be payed to fiat to receive the car.
    I said I will disperse the loan amount after PDI. But he insists FIAT does not operate that way.
    Please guide guys.
    Thanks,
    Gokul.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The dealer is feeding you crap about the payment. Insist on seeing the car first, doing a PDI and then making the full payment. If the dealer refuses, cancel the booking the move to another dealer in your city.

These scenarios are primarily due to payment issues between FIAT and the dealership.

Note: Please open the thread in the relevant section. This thread is moved to car purchase queries section
    prabhjot and gklc811 like this.
  3. gklc811

gklc811 Novizio

Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for your timely reply. Will hold the Loan amount.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @gklc811

The dealer is right in saying that the full amount has to be paid before delivery and you do the PDI before the delivery. Generally most of the dealers do accept post dated Bank Draft which you can handover during the delivery time. It depends on your rapport with the dealer.

Before you confirm for the registration, do the initial PDI by verifying the VIN, doing a visual inspection of the car, checking the battery & tyre manufacturing dates etc.
    prabhjot and gklc811 like this.
  5. Pervindra

Pervindra Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Gokul,

I had also similar situation a month back but I asked my bank not to disperse the loan amount unless until I see the car in fleash and have given a application. First do the PDI and then release payment.
    gklc811 likes this.
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dont cancel your booking yet else might lose some money against cancellation. Tell them to send you an email or sms stating that the payment has to be made, in which case they will have to put a VIN # in the documentation. Forward that email/sms to FIAT asking for clarification.

Only booking amount needs to be paid till the time you signoff on the initial PDI, when you can visually inspect the car and note down the VIN# and Engine #. Any further payment should and will have the mention of the VIN# and Engine # on the reciept. Post doing the complete payment again you will need to do a PDI and then signoff on the delivery reciept. At that point if you find any problem with the car ( and this time you can start the engine and check ) do not signoff on the PDI and dont take delivery of the vehicle. This is simple and straight forward. Any expectation more than this should be basis the rapot you might have with the dealer. If FIAT will send the car only after full payment then thats the headacke and function of the dealer. Also, if that is the case then I would prefer to get the car directly from factory at factory rate and get insurance and registration on my own. Save on the margin and handling charges after deducting the transportation charge
    gklc811 likes this.
  7. gklc811

gklc811 Novizio

Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I got the VIN number of the vehicle and it is Jan-2015 manufactured vehicle(VIN ending with AHZ).
    Before giving the booking amount I was promised from the dealerc that i will be getting April or May manufactured vehicle.
    Now they are repeatedly calling to release the loan amount. I feel something fishy here.
    Initially neglected to report the dealer name but now I am revealing because of their lack of professionalism.
    The dealer is Ramkay FIAT in velacherry.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Would advise you to report and check with FIAT on this. Do not pay anything more before you see the car for your self. Once you get to do a Pre-PDI then can release your funds, but not the loan amount. Use the loan amount on the date of delivery only.
    gklc811 likes this.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    You need to make 100% payment if you want to tak delivery. Dealer won't handover the car until n unless you pay full amount and they register the vehicle on your name.

May there is issues/shortage in Dealer's kitty and hence they want full payment from you to get car FIAT India.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Think there is a confusion. He will have to make full payment to take Delivery. However here the dealer is asking for full payment to get the car to dealer from Fiat.

Shortage of funds with dealer is not a consumers responsibility.
    gklc811 likes this.