1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Deal in a Week - T-Jet Sunbeam Beige

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by mchanna, Oct 12, 2013.

1. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Anyway I have to visit the FASS for the quick check up before the start of 500KMS Journey to native.
    Good that free check up camp is right on time :)
    IMG_20150507_103605458_HDR[1].jpg
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Time to renew my insurance, need suggestion now!!

My current insurance details
    Royal sundaram
    IDV - 770390
    Premium - 21470
    NCB - 20%
    Type - Zero Dep
    Date of Expiry - 12th jun 2015

Quotations :

Royal sundaram
    IDV - 472500
    Premium - 14348
    NCB - 25%
    Type - Zero Dep

Bajaj Allianz
    IDV - 617423
    Premium - 19686
    NCB - 25%
    Type - Zero Dep
    Add-On Covers : 24x7 SPOT ASSISTANCE,Personal Baggage Cover,Consumable Expenses,Depreciation Shield,Engine Protector,Keys and lock replacement cover with SI Rs 15000

Royal Sundaram is not continuing with the current policy saying the model is obsolete :-(
    I am thinking to consider bajaj, but before that want to know the experts opinion.
    Please suggest!

Thanks
    -C
  3. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    mchanna - do tell me what you will finalize on , even want to renew my Punto insurance :shame:
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    90% finalized Bajaj :)
    But will wait for experts comments here. I have 3more days to think!
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Channa,
    Your ideal IDV should be approximately 6.9L. The quotes which you have recd have wrong IDV's making you under insured. Try to get a quote online through Policy bazaar and coverfox.com. There you get to fix the correct IDV and check the premium quotes form various Insurance co. Please note that these quotes sometimes have wrong cost quoted for the add on covers, hence get the actual cost by directly contacting the Insurance co.
    mchanna likes this.
  6. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet

Considering Royal Sundaram is not continuing with current policy, why they gave you quote for renewal? What has changed here?

Also, please consider the Future Generalli as well. Fiat/workshop has nationwide tie-up with them.

I wish FIAT too should realize this soon and launch latest engines/cars in India.
    mchanna likes this.
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune

Girish, Yes PolicyBazar is giving 6.9L, but I talked to BajajAllianz representative, He says when company doesnt offer that much how can a third party is quoting that? I am not sure whom to trust ;-)

They are giving the quote but with very less IDV.

At present Bajaj Allianz making more sense who is providing engine protect.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Why would not the company offer the IDV as per the IRDA rules. Yes, IRDA says that any vehicle with more than 5 yrs of ownership or discontinued model, IDV will have to be mutually agreed. But when Fiat continues to sell Grande Punto in spite of Evo, why should Insurance co deny the Insurance. I had posed this very question to Royal Sundaram and they did not have a logical answer to it. So decided not to go ahead with RS. Every Insurance co will give you the IDV you want, no issues with that. In my case FG sales person said he has taken the approval for the IDV which means that Co does feel the IDV is valid.
    Try Future Generali for the Insurance, I am not advertising them because I have taken from them. Use the policy bazaar quotes only for negotiation purposes.

Ignore them, that's all.
    mchanna likes this.
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    I have ignored very next moment I saw the idv and their reason for it.
    In that case Bajaj allaianz was very honest. They used to insure my palio for 2.75 till this year even after 8yeara after the model is discontinued.

I liked bajaj Allianz engine protect coverage. So possibly will go with them
    ghodlur likes this.
  10. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Finally bought

Bajaj Allianz

IDV - 617423
    Premium - 20552
    NCB - 25%
    Compulsary Deductable : 1000
    Plan Name- DriveAssureEconomyPlus and ConsumableExpenseCover
    Add-On Covers : 24x7 SPOT ASSISTANCE,Personal Baggage Cover,Consumable Expenses,Depreciation Shield,Engine Protector,Keys and lock replacement cover with SI Rs 15000