1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Deal in a Week - T-Jet Sunbeam Beige

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by mchanna, Oct 12, 2013.

1. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Yes Abhishek that was Aston Martin DB9, 6ltrs 470BHP :love:
    Chased it all the way from Karve Road till Marriot, loved the vroooooooom vroooooom!
    1 person likes this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Convertible Austin martin..... wow channa :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    I happened to read a nice compilation unbiased one on TEAM-BHP
    Feeling proud of owning one

enedy9am.jpg
    4 people like this.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    It has been quite a some time this thread has not been updated.
    Because I was quite occupied with correcting and testing the timing issue of my Cheetah http://www.teamfiat.co.in/classic-fiats/11296-my-cheetah-my-canary-yellow-palio-1-6-sports.html

As the monsoon is here and also T-Jet completed 2Yrs, it is time to get it checked and serviced.
    So took an appointment for 13th June 2014 at Pandit Bavdhan Pune.

On the 13th reached the FASS by 9:30am. It was little crowded due to Monsoon Checkup Camp.
    My vehicle was with Babar one of the best SA arround.

I requested to get my vehicle serviced quickly as I had to head to office. He quickly moved the Jet to the service bay.
    Once he made sure the work has been started he came back to the desk to prepare the Job Card (Appreciate).

It was a 3rd Free Service with all oil Change and there were no particular issues to be fixed expected delivery time was 4hrs.

Vehicle is on ramp within 30mins of arrival.
    IMG_20140613_105656182_HDR.jpg

Oil Replace in progress
    IMG_20140613_105703830_HDR.jpg

ECU Scanning for any errors
    IMG_20140613_120308197_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140613_120315699_HDR.jpg

Wheel Alignment
    IMG_20140613_121733416_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140613_121754725_HDR.jpg

Now here the actual trouble started.
    By 1:00pm vehicle was at washing bay.
    1:00 - 2:00pm It is a lunch time, but they come by 1:30 and vehicle was ready by 2pm.
    2pm to 2:30 Babar went to lunch
    By the time he prepared the final bill it was 3pm and its now time for Mr Cashier to go for lunch :eek:
    2Hrs I was doing nothing but waiting.

Overall happy with the quick service. I would rate 8 out of 10.
    1 point I take out for the messy washing area and ruthless people washing the vehicle.

Here is the final print of the works done and dent to the pocket :)
    3rdService.JPG

Forgot to mention, I also got my Insurance renewed with Royal Sundaram. Its a ZERO Dep costed me ~21K
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    3 people like this.
  5. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Last weekend was on a trip to Gulbarga, we were 5 people on board.
    I must say, even with 5 people on board and full ac ON, Jet's pulling is simply amazing. Overtaking is a bliss!!!

GulbargaTrip.JPG
    Solapur to Gulbarga via Akkalkot (30KMs) is pathetic, no road at all, full of potholes. But Jet took it awesomely, belly scrapped only once.

Handling of jet is superb, it sticks to the road like a litchi, on broken roads or small humps even at the speed of 120-140 it moves with a little thud, rear passengers if asleep wont even notice it, such a lovely comfort it has.
    On return I have driven it all the way for almost 9hrs with only 1break of 30mins. I could only feel slight back pain (thanks to the akkalkot broken roads which injured my back badly).

Negatives: Due to the 1st and 2nd short gear ratios it is a pain to drive on the broken roads like akkalkot ones,
    1st has too much power and 2nd dies immediately, cant shift to 3rd which catches the speed very quickly.

Overall wonderful package!!

Total 950Kms with mileage of just above 12 :boxer
    1 person likes this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    This is what I have also experienced, forget 5, even with 6 people,A/C and ghat section. It pulls like mad!!
    1 person likes this.
  7. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Your'e lucky. The litchis in North India are not as well known for their grip :rolleyes:
    4 people like this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^i guess he meant leeches;)
    1 person likes this.
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Lol shams thanks for correcting ;-)
  10. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Quote mchanna:"As the monsoon is here and also T-Jet completed 2Yrs, it is time to get it checked and serviced."

I was just wondering how old your car is and then I saw your signature and it said 2013 but then I saw the above line in your post and I was confused! How old if you car and how many kilometres have you covered?

I really like the paint shade of your car and it looks great! :)