1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DC to AC converter

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cubbie, May 21, 2011.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I am planning to buy this DC to AC converter. Details and specs below

Need to know pros and cons of having this accessories, i intend to use it for Laptop charging hich needs 75watts + Use this for vaccum cleaner for interior cleaning

The Car UPS converts DC 12V electricity provided by the automobile into AC 110/220V and be widely used with those electric equipment whose power consumption are less than200w, such as notebook, cell phone, razor, digital camera, digital video, TV, CD, DVD, game machine, cleaner, refrigerator, electric light, charger, and various kinds of professionals tools. As the necessity for your travel, mobile office, outdoor work and special vehicle, it is very good solution for using electricity in the automobile.

Specifications:
    Max. output Power: 300W/400W, continuous output power: 150W/200W
    With the multiple protection circuit. It would do no harm to the equipment and automobile
    Special versatile socket, suitable for various kinds of plugs

CU-200-St.jpg
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I would only give one advice.

When interior cleaning by using vacuum cleaner drawing power from the car , keep the engine running. Do not draw from the battery by keeping the key at MAR.

And most probably you'll be charging the laptop while on the move , so no worries on that part.

Gurjinder.
  3. use those things whatever only when the engine is running.it might eat into the battery which might be a pain later
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    check the wattage of equipment you will be using with the converter
    house hold vaccum cleaners come with power ratings of 500watts and above .you cannot use it with this converter

laptop chargers are safe.

these convertors are over rated so do not go beyond 100 watts of nominal use.

considering 12v battery 150 watts draw (150/12) 12.5 ampere.
    make sure that the sockets (cigarlight) are capable of such ampere else you end up with blown fuse or burnt cables.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Power socket in Fiat cars is capable of handling 15Amp at 12Volts. Thus, rated at 180 Watts.
  6. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    My suggestion is to stay away from these inverters.
    You will get all the mentioned equipments using 12V DC (automobile usage).
    Also keep in mid that most of the electronic equipments work on D.C, so using an inverter to convert it into 220V A.C then again converting back to D.C (by the device) causes power loss.
    I am using vacuum cleaner, a kettle and variety of chargers (mobile, AA cell charger) etc.

--Rajeev
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    it works very flawlessly. i am using the car inverter since long time. only make sure the car is running.

get the belkin car inverter. it comes with a warranty too.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    ^^
    yes belkin is branded one.
  9. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Belkin(Germany) is the best.

I'm using the same from past 1 year & no issues.

Got it for Rs.600/- bucks from dealer(SP Road-market)
  10. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    Bro go and buy it I am using 200 w model for last 3 years now and till now no prob
    Last edited: May 25, 2011