1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DAYLINE headlights with FXR 3 on my Punto

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sunswape, Feb 19, 2014.

1. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Always welcome, will be waiting for pics for sure :)
    Cheers
  2. heshamdiab

heshamdiab Timido

Egypt
    Dear friend, hope you are doing fine. Concerning the DRL in my headlights I send you before, can you guide me to a link on eBay in which a can buy another DRL controller which makes the LEDs flashes on & off with the left and right turn signals.. I mean here the main controller that turns on the DRL on car ignition. Is it clear enough? Sorry for the hassle. Thnx
  3. heshamdiab

heshamdiab Timido

Egypt
    Dear friend, lately I got the Morimoto Mini H1 tests.jpg The photos shows while I was testing it outside the headlight using 35 W 4300 K.
    I will get a Fast Ballast 55 Watts to get the Max out of it.
    To cut it short, I am facing 2 problems.
    1- At a garage, they faced a problem opening the headlight and that he needs to cut the black edge of the border cause this sealing is very hard. Considering that I know another told me to not proceed and he met similar headlights before, it just needs patience.
    2- The new Mini H1, and I don't know why is the reason that TRS did that, have a solenoid attached from only ONE SIDE, so it snaps down in an angled way, and since the second will do the same (not in a flipped shape) so I don't get a focused high beam in the middle!!!! Is this meant to be like this???
    ( In the photo, the line in RED is what I am thinking it supposed to be, means they should provide a "marked" LEFT & Right flipped solenoid & a light patten.
    Bare in mind this, I DID NOT TEST BOTH WORKING TOGETHER

Please let me know ASAP about any advise concerning the opening of the headlights.
  4. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

I think you got the new Mini h1 7.0 from TRS. That new shutter mechanism supposed to be better than before but as its a new product, I think its to early to say how this new setup will work in long run.
    First of all, if you are going with a Mini h1, any version of it, never use more than 35w in it. Anything more than 35w will burn the reflector of mini h1 as it is not made to take so much heat. So dump the idea of getting 55w, just use 35w with it.
    Secondly, the lights are not at all hard to open. They are lil tough than others but not that tough that one needs to cut the it to open. If people there are saying that its tough for them to open the headlight, then I think this job is out of their expertise. We got the headlight opened with just a heat gun and a screwdriver. It is very much possible and also manageable. Iam doing one more dayline currently with same setup, will post some pictures of it for too.
    Thirdly, the thats a Mini H1 7.0 with different mechanism. As I said earlier, that supposed to solve the shield sticking issue of Mini h1. Though if you needed the old one, you can always get the Mini h1 6.0 which TRS still sells. Personally I never bought a thing from TRS just because what they sell comes from china only. Anyways, that shield suppose to work similarly for high beam as you are getting. No an issue though as the area you have marked with red line dont have any influence on high beam when you use it in open. Its the middle hotspot which matters and its fine in your Minis

Regarding you earlier query regarding DRL controller, no you cant change just the controller to get the blinking effect. What I have done is that I swapped whole DRL with totally different type of DRL with its own controller. The stock DRL of dayline cant be modified in anyway.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 28, 2015 ---
    Daylines with quad is very much possible. IMG_4830 - Copy.jpg

Same I did recently on one more Grande Punto. Front is mine and at back is the new similarly done quad setup on Daylines. 20151221_165252 - Copy.jpg
  5. heshamdiab

heshamdiab Timido

Egypt
    Thanks pal... I'm going to another experienced person who is working on several kind of cars and is an electrical Eng.
    For the 55w issue, TRS themselves, and on the phone with one of them, confirmed to me that the NEW MINI H1 V.7 manufactured to afford the heat of the 55... And that the reflectors are enhanced to bare the heat!!!

That MIIIIINEEEE :) the V.7 image.jpeg
    Maybe your point of view is not to take any risk?
    About the quad... Simply it's AWESOME but enough to me now cause I spent a lot on these headlights and the original before it.

Just need your final advise about the 55w do it or not if u were opinion my place
  6. heshamdiab

heshamdiab Timido

Egypt
    Morning, just to clarify, the test pic is using ONLY ONE projector... & by adding the left which will open from down right to up left will NOT provide a hot spot in the middle that's what's worries me... but I'll proceed with installation anyways and see the result.
  7. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

No, 55w a big no in Mini of any kind. Regarding Mini H1 7.0, all it has is just a different solenoid mechanism, thats all. No change in anything else, dont believe TRS blindly, they are no more the same they used to be some years back. Also the 55w generates more heat towards front side too and that heat can damage front part of the headlight. Keep in mind, the daylines are not of such great quality. Take utmost care about the heat generated else you will end up with a hazy looking daylines.
    Again, ditch 55w and stick to 35w with those Minis
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  8. heshamdiab

heshamdiab Timido

Egypt
    Thanks pal... I'll take your advice with great. Also you can check some tests videos I made on my YouTube :)
    sunswape likes this.
  9. heshamdiab

heshamdiab Timido

Egypt
    Dear Friend... Do u have a detailed couple or more pics for the projectors installation replacing the High beam "Reflector" in these specific same black headlights? Is it easy? Uses Mini H1 as well?

Kindly try to advise me ASAP cause I'll be soon working on the project :)
  10. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

The video is lil shaky but can make out the hot spot. Also noticed the new 7.0 have nothing new in store as far as output is concerned. But, the new solenoid mechanism should be more reliable than previous one.
    Regarding replacing the stock highbeam reflector with mini h1, it is not that hard. Yes it will require more of cutting but it is very much doable. And Iam afraid, I dont have any more picture of it, I have already posted all I clicked while installation. You just do enough cutting that you can slide in a mini h1. You can cut as much as you like to but just try to keep the plastic frame on which both projectors will be mounted in one piece. You will be needing that frame for alignment later after sealing off the headlights.