1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dayline headlamps for Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by royj, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    And how is difference in night driving?
    My thinking is the lower beam is quite adequate, for city driving.
    For highway driving, upper beam needs some improvements.
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

For city driving, you said it right; it simply works awesome. Still need to check out for the highway driving. And that i'll be doing it tomorrow evening (a short drive to Lonavala).
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I like it, waiting to see the brightness at Night,
    I am for it to my GP grandeur.
  4. Grandeur

Attached are the pictures taken in night. HID KIT used is P8 - 35 W with 8000K.

Low Beam

High Beam
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Looks bright, my only concern is how comfortable the driver on the other side be.
    Love those Turbo stickers and the reflection effect.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

That high beam is impressive. You're rekindling my interest in HID. I dropped the idea only because I believed it works best with Projector without which the light spreads too much. Have to try driving your "Grandeur"

Actually, I feel it otherwise. I find Low Beam to be not as effective as it should be in City Driving. But I find High Beam quite effective. And I use it in city driving:eek: because of issues with Low Beam.
  7. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Agreed mate. High beam seems to be sufficient for night driving but low beam is not sufficient.

@ Grandeur

Damages pls. :p
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  8. Grandeur

I chose 8000k, may be 6000k will be more comfortable with the eyes of drivers on the other side. However, if you look at the high beam picture..the light is falling more on left hand side than right. And this suggest that light projection is appropriate and are under guidance.

I'm glad you liked the stickers!
  9. Grandeur

I find low beam with new HID KIT is pretty impressive. Well, the total damage was round 8.5K for the P8 HID kit with table replacement warranty!
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

That is indeed some impressive lighting. Can you post another pic of the low beam spread and reach?