1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dayline headlamps for Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by royj, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The film shld be able to tk the heat of the HID dats what i meant.. I dont wanna spend anymore money on HID's and relays as of now...

VP ive been using HID's without Projectors and can tell u its amazing to drive at night with the HID's on.. I rarely even need the high beam in my car... U feel light is scattered on a road with Sodium Vapor lights.. I enjoy my night drives the most on dead dark roads with my HID's on..
    Also VP since u r planning on your Linea it would be all the more fun as youve got two different headlight clusters for high and low beam and the opposite guy would for sure kill u for the light u throw :drinks

VP i drive alot at night and for sure njoying everybit of the lights..
  2. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Could u locate only LED strip for our existing head lamps , Is'nt it possible to glue LED strip over / underneath headlamp ?

Spending 20k for Dayline headlamps isn't worth.

Y'day Ive seen Merc with dayline strip fitted in lower part of bumper ( approx. near foglamp area ) Looks stunning. Isn't it possible with punto ?

Atul
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    U get LED stips which u can stick onto your headlamp cluster.. But its nto very impressive though...
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I love those eyebrows on the BMWs and the Audis, saw a white GP with the LED strip added, not to my taste.
  5. anandlnt

anandlnt

Mysore
    Punto with DRLs

Here are the DRLs of my Punto at Night. Sorry for the quality. Should blame my iPhone 4
    [attachment=3:2m15hdnv]Punto DRL only.jpg[/attachment:2m15hdnv]
    [attachment=2:2m15hdnv]Punto DRL side.jpg[/attachment:2m15hdnv]
    [attachment=1:2m15hdnv]Punto DRL with Fogs.jpg[/attachment:2m15hdnv]
    [attachment=0:2m15hdnv]Punto DRL with Lo-Beam.jpg[/attachment:2m15hdnv]

Punto DRL only.jpg

Punto DRL side.jpg

Punto DRL with Fogs.jpg

Punto DRL with Lo-Beam.jpg
  6. anandlnt

anandlnt

Mysore
    Punto with DRLs and other mods

Since I started this thread, I am posting the Punto's earlier pics too here.

[attachment=7:2wsgxxor]Punto Front DRL On.jpg[/attachment:2wsgxxor]
    [attachment=6:2wsgxxor]Punto Front Low Beam On.jpg[/attachment:2wsgxxor]
    [attachment=5:2wsgxxor]Punto Front Total.jpg[/attachment:2wsgxxor]
    [attachment=4:2wsgxxor]Punto whole.jpg[/attachment:2wsgxxor]
    [attachment=3:2wsgxxor]Punto carbon Fiber ORVM.jpg[/attachment:2wsgxxor]
    [attachment=2:2wsgxxor]Punto Carbon Fog Lamp Holder.jpg[/attachment:2wsgxxor]
    [attachment=1:2wsgxxor]Punto Backseat Stanley.jpg[/attachment:2wsgxxor]
    [attachment=0:2wsgxxor]Punto Diesel Express.jpg[/attachment:2wsgxxor]

Punto Front DRL On.jpg

Punto Front Low Beam On.jpg

Punto Front Total.jpg

Punto whole.jpg

Punto carbon Fiber ORVM.jpg

Punto Carbon Fog Lamp Holder.jpg

Punto Backseat Stanley.jpg

Punto Diesel Express.jpg
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
  8. anandlnt

anandlnt

Mysore
    @Roy J i do not find it tough to drive regarding the visibility. i also do a lot of night driving on the highways. but these lights are perfect. at first, i had a little problem. but they can be adjusted for the beam focus. with the adjustment done, it is now a pleasure.
  9. I'm new to this forum. I have fitted HID headlamps and HID front fog lamps on my car. I have been looking for projector lamps for quite some time now, but i'm unable to find any in Bangalore. I have promises from several accessories dealers, couple of them have promised me end of Dec. Can someone help me in sourcing projectors. Will there is compatibility issues since I have HID fitted & I don't want to discard them for a new set of projectors. What should I be looking for?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  10. anandlnt

anandlnt

Mysore
    @maverick The projector lamps come with two different beams like I have. So if you have put HIDs for the stock set up, and if your HID bulb has lo and hi beam, then those bulbs wont be of use if you fix projector lamps. Usually these projector lamps come with H1 bulbs one for lo beam and one for hi beam. Since you already have HID, you have to change the bulbs to H1 HID and can use the same ballasts. The other beam's bulb you can leave it with what they come. If you are getting these head lamps from UK, you get good bulbs. They give you with osram. So the lo beam can have HID and hi beam, you can leave it with yellow bulb.