1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dayline headlamps for Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by royj, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gautam,

This is similar to the Moist Black headlamps which would be released on the PUnto Sport.. Am avaiting it too.. Let me know before you order one for yourself cos even i need one if the FIAT parts are expensive... Cos curently i cant affored to change my HID since ive paid enuff for it and its awesome in these clusters...
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    even m wating for punto sports headlight it looks good than angle eyes on punto stock headlamps suits well on punto
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    hmm... thanks for the info :drinks
  4. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Am thinking of ordering the fly eyes kit

@ Andy : Do u need it too ?

I think it should cost around 900 bucks including shipping , the shippig cost remains same no matter how many kits we order , so the shipping cost would stay at around 3 pounds and the kit would cost 10 pounds .

ANyone from pune or mumbai need it , please let me know so we can order together
  5. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Good going. I'm tight on budget ;) but may want one for myself sometime soon. I really like Andy's headlamps as well. Will take a look at your fly eyes kit, once it arrives.

All the best!
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    900bucks is not bad at all man.. But my only fear here is whether i would be able to get my HID's after i install this.. I dont want to end up paying more for switching the HID's after getting this... need to check on this.. Am eager on the Punto Sport moist black ones cos its the same headlight cluster which we have but had a blacky tinge which i need and no worries for my HID's can get the same installed on that too..
  7. Andy I lost you here, why will this affect the HID. This is a film that goes over the headlight glass. So why do you need to reinstall the HID?
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    2-3 months back, I got into mood for changing headlights to powerful ones. As usual got into 2-3 days serious research. Net net After the research what I learnt is

• If I go for higher specs (powerful headlights, warranty might get void. Ruled out.[/*:m:2hr9ug7g]
    • For same specs, there are quite a few available with whitish light. Feedback on web is these are not useful for powerful lights. They're just for show & in fact, visibility reduces in rains due to white light[/*:m:2hr9ug7g]
    • Powerful HIDs - If used without Projectors, the white light gets scattered (non-focussed) & again highway & during rains, visibility is a questionmark.[/*:m:2hr9ug7g]
    • The best would be to use HIDs with Projectors. Though not sure about how much light intesity (power) improves over normal lights if we use same specs HID (with projector) [/*:m:2hr9ug7g]

But by that time I lost the mood & let go of the project.

9. VP I also started with the same mood. Did a lot of research online. Finally decided to go with Philips Power Xtreme.

The reason
    • Same Specifications so no need for relays and what not[/*:m:3v4kkq2i]
    • Not very hot so chances of the lens or the Light assembly getting damaged are very bleak[/*:m:3v4kkq2i]
    • Not a white light so will not reflect in heavy rains or for or low visibility conditions[/*:m:3v4kkq2i]

My night driving is not that intense, but after the change I did find I really don't need to drive with the FOG lamps on with the low beam :thumbs down (thats what I used to do earlier, don't like driving on high beam unless absolutely required) and secondly the high beam seems to have improved. Now the vehicles traveling ahead of me respond to the dipper :mrgreen: :punch .

I think between the Osram Nightbreakers and Philips Xtreme, Philips are more powerful and don't need any change in wiring. Its just plug and play.
  10. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore

Hey after checking the link. i'm feeling this is some sort of matt black sticker with small holes(Mesh look) :uh . these things cost 900 bucks :shocked

If we just go around JC Rd the same effect can be given at less than 100 bucks :hit