1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dashing to the Mystical Munnar in my Dynamite

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by N Kiran, Jan 20, 2015.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    man you were ripping the linea to get mileage of of 11.x kmpl :)!

sunrise pictures are awesome. I have been to munnar 3 times but didn't know about this place.
    Ravi and N Kiran like this.
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I am consistent with my mileage. Be it in city or on a highway :shamefullyembarrased:

Thanks to Ramesh, who insisted on paying Kodukkumalai a visit. We were told that it would take 4 hrs for this visit. Initially we thought that we would be wasting half a day. But then we gave it a try. A little sacrifice (sleep) and lot of back breaking, but the end result was all worth it. Given a chance I would like to visit this place again.
    ramjn and nkrishnap like this.
  3. suresheadala

suresheadala Timido

Hyderabad
    Nice travelog, Beautiful pics.
    N Kiran likes this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Beautful pics @N Kiran !! Kodukkumalai sunrise pics were too good to be true!!
    N Kiran likes this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Stunning pictures, nature at it best.

Amazed at your average speed :).
    N Kiran likes this.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I want to go to Kolukkumalai and see the sunrise, staying above the clouds. I can imagine the experience.
    Google maps..., yes, it too put me in a place of no road once. It does not have the data (for some remote places) where it is motorable. Having a real GPS and printout from the resort for directions would have helped (Or even a call to them).
    N Kiran likes this.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice pics and travelogue. I stayed at Ayur County during my Munnar visit :p though its far off from the Munnar town; loved the serenity and scenic view it offered.
    N Kiran likes this.
  8. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    The experience is out of this world. Nature can amaze you forever. My vodafone connection had 0 signals and I had fae only at the resort that too intermediate. But we get to learn from every experience, good or bad.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    MMI maps are little more reliable than google maps is what I have observed from my long drives. but even MMI maps used to show wrong routes at least 5% of times!!

in my last trip to ooty couple of months back, one night I was using google maps to find short route avoiding the traffic areas to go back to my hotel within the town. Google map led me to a cemented road with a downward incline of about 30 degrees. after driving down on that road for 20-25 meters, somehow I managed to notice (it was pitch dark) that there were some steps ahead :)! for a moment I felt that I am stuck because the incline seemed quite steep to reverse. but then I engaged the handbrake and reverse gear and gave a fair amount of throttle input and to my relief car started moving backwards!

we need to be extra alert when following routes suggested by GPS:)!
  10. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Linea did proper off roading when we went into that road or was there a road?