1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dashboard warning EOBD Failure

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by yougotmi, Feb 1, 2016.

1. yougotmi

yougotmi Amatore

Gaya
    Hi All,

Today morning, I started my Punto 1.2dand noticed warning light on the dashboard. On carefully examination of the handbook, it was EOBD failure warning. There is no reduction in acceleration or RPM going down. Even tried taking out the negative terminal of the battery, but did not work. Now, the issue is there is no service center in Gaya, Bihar. Does it make sense to drive 150kms away to get it checked? Or what are the alternatives?
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    See if you can combine this with the next service schedule if its near. To start with check the brake fluid, if required top up. Check if the braking is normal including the hand brake operation. One possibility can be that the battery may be the culprit, it may be giving up. Is the battery more than 2 yrs old? If so, then get the battery checked.

Write to Fiat India on their FB page about non availability of FASS. So how do you get the car serviced in the absence of any dedicated FASS in your city? Is the nearest FASS 150 kms away round about or one way?
  3. yougotmi

yougotmi Amatore

Gaya
    Already done 3 services until now. Previously had my car serviced at Tata Fiat dealership at Gaya only. Last time, there was a warning light on my dashboard, FASS from Patna had sent couple of mechanics to my town to check. Though, they couldn't find anything wrong. (Was not a EOBD failure warning light).

I will check on the brake fluid. Will also get the battery checked, as its been more than 2 years now. Nearest one is Patna, which happens to be more than 110 kms one way. Other one is in Ranchi and Varanasi.
  4. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    From my experience, battery may be one possible reason, but tell us if the indication remains there all the time or it was appearing only at start in the initial days.
    Usually with battery problem, it starts with the fault indication remaining ON for some time and then disappear (as the battery gets recharged with vehicle motion) and with time, it becomes prolonged, as battery deteriorates. Same thing happened with my car, where "Check Airbag" indication started appearing (for short period, particularly after the car was not driven for 4-5 days). My battery was >3 years old. If this applies to your case, battery may be the cause.
  5. yougotmi

yougotmi Amatore

Gaya
    My next service is for 45K. Also, I checked for the brake oil and battery, all good. I have now written to Fiat India page on FB, let's see what do they say.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I would suggest to visit and get it checked first before taking any decision or driving down 150kms.

Check throttle body of the car, I was facing the same issue in my 1.6 Palio S10 where RPM was hovering inbetwen 3000-4000 and never came down. Changed the throttle body and issue was resolved.

I am not expert but this might be the issue.

Tagging

@asimpleson @Italia-Linea @nkrishnap
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You definitely need examiner to check fault code. There has to be someone with universal scanner too. Try and take help from any Tata dealers and check to see if scanner is there. May help pinpoint the issue. Till then drive slow.
  8. yougotmi

yougotmi Amatore

Gaya
    Fiat India has asked me to send my contact details so that a representative can contact me. In the meanwhile, I will check with some of my contacts who may have good contacts in Tata dealership here. Else, they don't pay any heed to Fiat customers now. Another thing which I noticed today that the AC is not working which was working until one day prior to this error came up. Really repenting to have bought this car now.
  9. yougotmi

yougotmi Amatore

Gaya
    Fiat Service got me into conference with Rukmani Fiat of Patna and was advised that there is nothing wrong. I can drive the vehicle and whenever I am near a service station of Fiat, I can get the issue checked. Checked with the Tata dealers also. They don't have the scanner any more.

BTW, My AC has started to work on its own. :)
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Battery is the first suspect...