1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dashboard restoration?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by varin11, Feb 7, 2014.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Kindly give ur inputs how to restore dashboard loosing shine and color.

I have inquired on recoloring the dashboard but according to the some car mekup guys the re-color of the dashboard is not a success.it starts peeling off after some time and will look worse.
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't think is possible is to do a Carbon fiber stickering like the one 3M has or invest in new dash and other plastics with a new one, the reason being peeled off dash really looks bad and reflects a poor maintenance from the Owner to anyone sitting inside, I have peel offs near the Handbreak area so I have put in Carbon Fiber stickering, the solution works....
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Can u send me the pics of the same.
  4. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    I had opened a thread " Dashboard painting" in the DIY section you can look it up, it should be useful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  5. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Varin, what exactly is your problem? has the dashboard faded or just dull? Or is the original paint / coating peeling off at certain places? Some pics would be nice.

If it's just dull, cleaning it with a good APC (all purpose cleaner) and a soft toothbrush will get all the grime off it, and then you can dress it with a nice water based dressing ( Carpro PERL for example). Don't forget to rinse it well to get off all the APC residue before dressing.

If it's faded, then after a good APC clean you'll need a trim restorer. They are expensive though. Good one available is Gtechniq C4 or Autofinesse Revive.

If the original coat is peeling, then I don't have a DIY solution for it.

Edit - I see that you are in Mumbai. Maybe we can meet up on a weekend and let me see what we can do about it?
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hey Varin, sorry bro, I don't think that 3M guy did a decent job on that, I had my B piller stickered and the left over I used it here, it is not worth showing you a pic, what I ment was to get all the grey area near the gear leaver and handbreak completly stickered and through a professional guy. Honestly now that I have re sighted this I think I should remove it for now and see if I can get a fresh re-work done. :mad:
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Some scratches, dullness etc.Will post the pics.My number is 9820247335.