1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dashboard paint pealing

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by fernandeskaran, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    i saw some cases like this 2 yr before Galaxy motors mulund mumbai , Even in new cars too
    Fiat send them spray can
    problem solved
    so If your SA is Helpless talk with FIAT through mails
  2. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Yes your right, on rethinking i think ill first put out mail before attempting a DIY
  3. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

1 person likes this.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    In my Linea, The black color from the portion above Glovebox in front of co-passenger is scratched for about 2 inches. It happened in the very beginning of purchasing the car and initially I thought it's the dirt. But when I failed to wipe it clean, I realised that it's scratched. Left it at that from then on. Faint. Not much of an issue. But yes, I could never think of dashboard paint peeled off that time.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Its a known issue,and i had the same problem in mine,black starts turning into beige and beige into black(Ironical isnt it).
    Instead of replacing the dash,i went to a Du Pont paintshop,got the color made,and touched it up,and it was as good as new.
    But i must say,dash quality in Linea and Punto is really pathetic when compared to competition.
    Every other part is so well built,but when it comes to plastics,there is nothing really to talk about.
    And no need to paint entire dash,just touch up the required area's which have faded out,and yes its a permanent fix.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  7. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Yes,you can use Matt black:)
    Do not go in for shiny one.
  9. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    What about the beige bro?
  10. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Dunno if its flat black or not, its F1 aerosol spray paint and just Black is written on it for color reference. Sprayed it last month and its holding quite well. Can paint the while dashboard with it :-D

- - - Merged Post - - -

They need to do cost cutting atleast somewhere :-D

- - - Merged Post - - -

Where there is a TATA there is a NO WAY for me :-D I want to keep them away from my car as much as possible.