1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dashboard paint pealing

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by fernandeskaran, Mar 8, 2013.

1. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Hey guys, I am posting pictures of my linea's dashboard. I was wondering if a a little bit of Flat black and flat clear would do the Job. as for the beige i need advice on what colour spray can would be needed is there anything called flat beige
    @ Mods- Couldn't find any thing 'DIY' related so i opened a new thread
    IMG_20130209_181300.jpg pic 3.jpg Pic1.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Indeed am too going through with this crap plastic quality given by the one of the "Finest" car makers of the world.Black part of the dashboard can be touched up with this cherry blossom and it does wonders for few days.

images.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    :eek: Thats the last thing I would like to see in a car :(
    Seriously is this how the car beige/black interior going to turn out swapping colors ?
  4. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Wont cherry blossom smell a lil bit and doesnt it come off when touched? I was thinking of something permanent

yes unfortunately true.. Im still thinking about what to do i was planing on spraying a little flat black on a sample patch and then seeing if the colours match.. I have still to check with the paint shop if they have the beige spray can
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I remember seeing on team bhp some person got the whole dashboard trim replaced as goodwill from Fiat. Quoting the same symptoms.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Dad and me have spoken to various SAs and they all seem to act pretty helpless about it because its just a superficial issue.
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @varoon : Go to autopsyche and get the entire dash painted, sure as hell it will last longer than the car.

And as for kos he had ordered with other items hence they gave a disc of 15% and 10% on shipping, so that's how he managed to get it that cheap. Along with that he order Kenwood amp, rd wiring, Kenwood hu and Kenwood kos so that's how he managed to grab big disc's
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  9. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Could u tell me how much it would cost approximately?
  10. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    Autopsyche is located in Dilli and your location reads Bombay. You could get in touch with Parvez at Mazda motors. They are located in the same Industrial estate which houses the very famous car workshop 'Four Seasons' opposite the mall @ Haji Ali. Cannot recall the exact name of the estate at the moment. Now Parvez is the best guy to do this. I have had my car's A pillars trim painted by him and he even recreated the OE leather finish using a special plastic paint from Standox. The Indian distributor of Standox is located next door to Mazda, talk of coincidence.

I have also heard of Lakozy Toyota, changing the colours of the vehicles interiors per their customers choice, they might be able to help you out by putting you in touch with the vendor who is doing these jobs for them.

PS If it were left to me, I would take off the entire beige finish from the central console and turn this whole thing black, I hate beige in any car including my own Jet.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013