1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dashboard leather wrap anyone?

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by theblack, Mar 23, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    From a very long time I've been thinking about getting rid of the bad quality plastics used on a beautiful car.
    So I've been contemplating getting the dashboard leather wrapped just the way one can get the steering, seats,door panels done.
    Anyone who has got it done or has any ideas about it please let me know.
    I reported this in another thread but thought it would be more appropriate if a new thread was started.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas please
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    iono (1).gif

I can never get my head around this oft repeated statement.

x-x-x

Leather dash would look nice if implemented well. Have you enquired about the costs etc?
    1 person likes this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Well I ve tried some well known guys in blr
    And none of them do dashboard trimming .
    If my hunch is right then they will be glued top the dashboard
    Now that is a disaster if not done right.
    So still in search of a capable guy
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Try Stanley or Karlsson.
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    True. I have never understood why people blame the plastic. In fact, i feel they are quite good. Recently, i checked out the interiors of a Vista and i felt punto has better plastics inside. I think the vendor is the same for both Tata and FIAT.
  6. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    It is possible to replace the older dash with the 2012 model dashboard, and I hope the 2012 model has a better quality and finish.
    You may enquire with the dealer about the cost.
  7. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
  8. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    The dash board quality differs from the different models. I felt so because I have a 2011model 90 and a friend has a dynamic and a known guy has an active. I would say the feel of the dash is entirely different from the top model and the base models. The hi end models have a soft touch dash and of much better quality while the latter is pathetic.
  9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

its better in the high ends.. also because of the airbags..... side door plastic are the same..
    thats what i felt