1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dashboard damage and scratches

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by damian sousa, Dec 18, 2014.

1. damian sousa

damian sousa Timido

gurgaon
    gurgaon
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hi everyone

I have a Fiat Palio Stile, my dad had it for 3 years n took really good care of it and now has given it to me. I don't want to sell it as it meant a lot to him so i wanna do it up real good.

My dad however made one mistake by dry-cleaning the car interior, and the chemical these cleaning guys used damaged the dashboard to such an extent that a light touch with anything creates a scratch and the paint to literally rub off.
    Due to this the dash board now is in a horrible condition, discoloured, scratch marks etc. The synthetic paint of the dashboard just comes off if i rub my thumb or a piece of cloth over it hard. ITS THAT BAD ! :(

I was thinking of getting it repainted but honestly i have no clue, i thought i should just take it to a Fiat service station and just get the whole dashboard replaced.

I need help here. I would appreciate any expert advice in this matter guys ! Thank you

Damian

Mod Note: Do not type like this...... Please refer to the TFI rules here. http://teamfiat.com/threads/tfi-rules.9288/
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why don't you upholster the dash, you can use Art Leather or Leather if your budget allows you.
    For that you would have to open the dash and they would apply gum all over the dash, fitting the dash is a challenge as if it’s ill fitted will result in rattling noise and mis-alignment of the Dash and incase if tomorrow the upholstery gets cut it would look really bad.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I would suggest you to visit nearest scrap market and check if they have Palio's dashboard available with them.

It costs around 3-4k in scrap market.

Another option is get it painted.
    asimpleson likes this.
  4. damian sousa

damian sousa Timido

gurgaon
    gurgaon
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thanks for your responses guys.... Ill shall inquire about both.... But i wonder where could i get the leather work done from...? And also won't the Fiat Service centers sell and fit new dashboards in these situations ??
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    damian sousa likes this.
  6. damian sousa

damian sousa Timido

gurgaon
    gurgaon
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Ah man gjhodlur!! This.is awesome stuff!! This will do the trick! I donot mind spending the money if it's gonna be original stuff! Im so liking this... Exactly what I was looking for! I'll look into it with more detail and this webite too... Let's hope all works out good at the website!

Thanks so much for doin research for me and helping me out!!! :) very appreciative!

Thank you again
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 23, 2014 ---
    But id like to ask. Once I buy all the assembly on the website 99rpm.com.... What happens after? Who installs it? How and where?
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Damian if you want to buy a brand new dashboard then you can place the order at FASS as well and they will make it available for you.

FASS can fit it for you and you will get a warrenty of 6 months at FASS.

FASS will charged you around Rs. 4,000 to fit the dashboard.

You can use below mentioned parts from your existing dsahboard & save some money.

1) Center console
    2) AC Vents
    3) Fog light & AC Compressor button strip
    4) Defogger Vents,
    5) Speedometer console

New dashboard will cost you around Rs. 10,000 at FASS.

Hope this will help you.
    asimpleson and damian sousa like this.
  8. damian sousa

damian sousa Timido

gurgaon
    gurgaon
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Ok that's sounds like a plan.I went through the link you sent, The speedometer, ac vents and the de fogger vents are fine... Just the dashboard needs to be replaced.

Pardon my.ignorance but what does FASS stand for? Isn't the website just called 99rpm.com? And also after I buy this stuff what's gonna happen? Will they take the car to install the dashboard? Or Do I need to take the car somewhere to get it done?
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    FASS=Fiat After Sales Service. The website name is also correct. 99rpm is an independent site who sells Fiat spares. Your first approach should be FASS, if they can procure it for you or have in spare, get the dashboard replaced. Pay the labour + dashboard cost. If FASS say they don't have the dashboard as spare or cant procure it for you, you can then buy it from 99rpm website, take it to FASS, get it installed, pay for the labour cost.
    kedarbendre likes this.