1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dash trim Line Removal.......

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by thomman85, Feb 10, 2012.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

1 person likes this.
  2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

how is it.. i know the sticker is not perfect.. IMG-20120901-00149.jpg IMG-20120901-00155.jpg

lights coming soon.... but some technical difficulties...
    3 people like this.
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

el wire on the dash trim.. IMG-20120901-00164.jpg IMG-20120901-00165.jpg IMG-20120901-00166.jpg
    3 people like this.
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I saw el wires in ebay. but not sure that these wires can fit in the trim.
    But the el wires are coming with different battery unit, which we have to manually switch on & off. I want to light them with parking light switch of the car.
    How you did it sir? Please let me know.
  5. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    how will it be if i keep in the four sides of the car chromes glowing only in night ?? :)
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    VJ are you talking about chrome handles?

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

@thomman85
    Could you please let me know which color is that RED or ORANGE?
    And the diameter?
    As I have found this on ebay: 7.5FT El wire/glow wire/cool neon+battery driver Orange | eBay
    I am planning for 1.3mm diameter.
    Please suggest....
  7. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    i dont know how it will look over handles , but while opening if it glows inside the handles will be nice i think

comint to it i was saying in bumpers 4 corners , just imajining how it will be :)
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ambient/lounge lighting which was there in that video?
  9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Don't go for the battery ones.. instead buy ones that comes with inverter.. check the link below..
    EL Wire 5Ft Light Glow Rope Red with 12V Inverter | eBay

the el wire i used in the picture is orange and its lighter than our console orange.. I have not insatlled the el wire around the dash trim as it cannot be cut into appropriate size.. well it can be.. but i don't have the knowledge to that..

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

i dint understand..
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have raised a query to the seller about the diameter as I was looking for 1.3 mm in Orange color. That was matching with dash light. But the seller replied that if we go for 1.3mm diameter then the color will change to yellow..

Is that so? So I dropped the idea of buying the wire of 1.3mm diameter.

Thanks for the inverter one el wire link. :)
    Could you please let me know how you connected the el wire in your setup.....

My electrician suggested me that I should be connecting it with the parking light switch. Please let me know..