1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Das Vibrator!!!

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Ashpalio, Sep 11, 2012.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    And to add to this point we now have 3 forums dedicated for Fiat which has become a double-edged sword now. People come here and post problems and move away giving an illusion that all Fiat's are problematic. No one bothers to come back and talk how good their ownership was. To my knowledge there aren't dedicated forums for any manufacturer in India!
    8 people like this.
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    VW used the media for brand recall. Fiat or other's choose not to. You took it off topic when you started asking for numbers to prove how effective the advt was despite me & many other's explaining that the purpose of this advt was not to sell cars but to create a buzz around the VW brand.

VW has succeeded is in making innovative advts that leave a mark behind. When people talk and discuss about a commercial it's clearly a success. Look at Fiat's advts. Firstly, they rarely advertise, when they do it's in jerks and bits and the commercials are so lame that it barely takes you a minute to forget about the advt. Today, the automotive market is so cut throat that even Toyota has to come up with weird terms like waku doki to market their car's.

You don't want to accept that the purpose of this marketing campaign was not sales but creating brand recall. The company launched new versions of their car's and decided to launch them with a bang. What stopped Fiat from doing something similar with their 2012 variants? When you ask for something to be backed up by numbers when you know you cannot put a number to it then you are just being anal about it.

Quoting from your posts below:

Forget the world. My Honda City has been free from any defects since it was new. We have an Innova in our house and it's been free from defects since 2005. It has clocked 160,000 kms and still hasn't had half as many parts replaced as some of our Fiat's have had in 1/3 of those kms.

And they deserve it. When you are making what could be your last comeback in one of the world's fastest growing market's then you need to give it your best shot. Fiat seemed to making an half hearted attempt at it. They failed. VW came in with a bang and succeeded. Today, BMW sells more 3 series in India then Fiat sells Punto. HM sells more Ambassador's then Fiat sells Punto. You can't blame herd mentality for all that. It's the same kitna deti hai, herd mentality Indian car buyer that flocks to buy expensive to buy , maintain & run BMW's. You will see a Swift as the second car in a BMW owned household. How many BMW / Merc / Audi owner's you see buying a Linea or Punto as their second car?

It doesn't matter whether you own Ferrari , Masaerati or Alfa Romeo. People are not going to buy a 7 lakh Punto because you also sell Rs. 1 crore super car's.

So you are telling us that other car's also have niggling issues and get part's replaced in warranties but the news doesn't get through because of the media?! TFI is not run by any media. Neither is TBHP. It's actual owner's that report on issues on these forums.

I have a Honda City and have said many times on this very forum that it's not a match to the Punto when it comes to driving dynamics but I have had no issues in the City unlike the Punto.

TOI group is not the only media company in India. What's stopping Fiat from effective & innovative advertisements in other media's?
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree that it had impact and everybody discussing/discussed a advt. I, personally don't agree that it was innovative, but it had impact.

Amused :D.

We all can have out judgement on the adv, let also see what experts says -

Source - Innovation or Gimmick? | MxM India

And the discussion afterwards is again controversial. For some Honda doesn't give any issue, Fiat is giving lots of issues. For me I never had any issues in my last 3 years experience, and I am not alone. I just read amogh's FB update, he went for servicing after 1 year and no issues in between. Though most of us do agree the European cars, especially Fiats, have more niggles than Japanese.
    For Fiat, I see the issues have reduced, compared to older cars, but its not free from it.

Fiat must think of some advt which will make you to think, discuss.. even the concept itself might be horrible!!!
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
    3 people like this.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Whats the dispute between fiat and TOI by the way. I coundn't get anything at google.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ There is none, so you won't find.
    BTW, google didn't redirect to TFI?:mad:
    1 person likes this.
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    IIRC, there is a long standing bitter dispute, but for obvious reasons, it wont be publicly available in Google.

---------- Post added September 14, 2012 at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was September 13, 2012 at 08:33 PM ----------

Seems like many people, like me (and Twitter included) certainly feel that VW goofed up big time. First a vibrating device in the newspaper and then followed up by an amazing tweet saying women drivers are dumb.

Volkswagen India Puts Vibrators In Newspaper Ad, Gets Negative Buzz

From what I read, the general, larger sentiment is that this move was an 'epic fail from VW India' - quite the other end of a blockbuster I think!

And my original question is still unanswered - what happens to so much non-recyclable e-waste they have spread?
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Who cares? This is India Boss.

O.T:- Do we have any women members in TFI?
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes, but they are not active anymore.
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    For a company that is calling its ad campaigns 'innovative', I guess they SHOULD care about being eco friendly. Or are they saying that *because* this is India we don't care about environment friendly initiatives?