1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Damaged during service. AC not working, get parts of different model

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abhinit90, Dec 24, 2015.

1. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    I am really frustrated that I had to choose a FIAT. The service is only apt for taxi-wallahs.

I myself hate people who come here only to rant. I'm a long time lurker but FIAT is frustrating.

Here's the summary of a typical routine of day you get your car serviced:
    1) Reach there, meet grumpy faced people who sigh when they see another car coming in
    2) Service men damage the car. It has happened with me TWICE. Once they broke the chrome strip and this recent time they scraped the bumper with a wall. Then they rubbed it and it looks VERY bad.
    3) The service engineers work on the personal vintage cars of the owner himself rather than work on the cars of the customers.
    4) Feel free to sit in the lounge with other drivers or visit the puke-inducing piss-stained toilets.

Even after that, they could not find a reason as to why my AC wasn't working. They asked me to leave the car. They then found out on the next day that a pipe was damaged and refused to cover it in warranty. I persisted and they say "we'll see how it goes".
    They then say part will arrive in 2 days. I say okay and agreed that the car be kept with them. I don't get a call back so I called them (despite they saying we'll get back to you many times). They say it'll take 2 more days. I call them after 3 days and they say that come take the car "WE DON'T KNOW" when the part will come. It's been 20 days since and I'm still at square one.

I then call them umpteen times and they don't even reply. They say they got the wrong replacement part. It then happens again after 2 weeks.

I call the service manager but he repeatedly cuts my calls on seeing my number.

Summary:
    1) FIAT managers and service advisers never call
    2) Cut your phone after seeing your number
    3) Say I don't care and get part from someplace else
    4) Don't even update about the status of your car
    5) Make you regret you bought a FIAT

Thankfully I've been consistently asking all my friends to NEVER buy a FIAT. I really hope FIAT undergoes the phase of "do or die".
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi.

Which service centre? I have never experienced such stuff, at least not either at Kashyap or DRS Gurgaon. Please 'name and shame' the service centre, including via a formal complaint to FIAT.

cheers

@abhinit90
  3. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    To whom should I complain? and how?

It's Kashyap service centre in Noida.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @abhinit90

Please make your full, detailed, and truthful complaint to FIAT via their customer care no. and/or on Facebook. You may also want to e-mail FCA India. The new correct e-mail address (that of Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar) is available on the TFi website somewhere, look or ask around. I have not had occasion to e-mail him in the last 2 years, e-mail addresses have changed since the post-merger namechange to 'FCA' (fiat chrysler automobiles) from the earlier 'Fiat.'

Registering the compaint truthfully and transperently, without exageration and rhetoricality, may be helpful to others, if not also to yourself and the concerned FASS, in future, you know?

btw, Kashyap Noida fass: don't have any first hand info or experience, being Gurgaon-based, but the big, main Kashyap in Okhla are pretty good, as are DRS faridabad and Gurgaon, from the several experiences we've had over the last 2 years. Disappointed to hear that the Okhla one has delivered such a poor experience as the one you've had.

However, this being Dilli/UP/Haryana you must, just have-to 'manage' technicians and managers with some, er, 'discretion' and careful-ness, if you get my drift? ;-)

cheers
  5. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    99rpm.com Is what will help you.

Brother you need to understand its not FIAT who is providing direct service to you, its the third Party. A product cannot be judged by the service and sellers you getting , they are just ......

Please take your car back and order the part from 99rpm.com and get it installed from a local vendor or another authroized service center.
  6. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Update: I was called to see if another pipe can fit. Doesn't fit.

CRM isn't picking up calls. No part and resolution in sight.

I hope FIAT shuts shop.

The two closest service centre are Kashyap Fiat. Full of nincompoops.