1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Damaged Alloy

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by arishi, Sep 6, 2010.

1. I am not sure. There are few accessories that are covered by insurance. You just need to declare the value to the insurance company. I would suggest you to check with the insurance company.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Arishi- So you got insurance claim for your alloy (as per Grandeur's post)?
    Which company did youget your GP insured from? Is it the one that FIAT provides (Future-Generali or something)?

Your info may be helpful to others.

Also, are the alloys more prone to damage from potholes? I went through a very bad pothole a few days back at quite a high speed (60-70Kmph) as I did not notice it. The whole car felt it at Richter scale 8 or something.
    I am worried. :-?
  3. The insurance was Bajaj Allianz. When I bought the car FIAT was not offering free insurance :hit :hit :hit . Since mine is Emotion Pack. The alloys are a part of the standard car and hence covered by insurance. If you take after market alloys then you need to check with Insurance company if they will cover the alloys.

Regarding the damage, its actually that I had a punctured wheel and then I drove it over a nasty pothole at fairly good speed :A :A :A . I don't think if you have good air pressure Alloys will take the beat. Most of the jurk is absorbed by the tyre.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks a lot for the clarification Arishi. ::T
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Slightly OT - PS I recommend you to get the alignment checked every 2500 Kms. This is what nskumar recommended me. I got mine done last week after his advice and notice that one of the tyres had started wearing out unevenly.
  6. jaisha8

jaisha8

Thrissur
    Hi extr3mex, Wow!!! Good to know Alloys can be repaired. Where did you get your alloys repaired and was it in Trichur itself? I would like to know just in case I face this problem in future. Appreciate your help, pal.