1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cycling

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kailasmenon2000, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Wow. what a thread. Really encouraging. Every time I see such a thread, I ask myself, why was I not the one to think on these lines :A . Though cycling is on my cards currently, I just did not bother to to start a thread on it :( Nevertheless, I would be buying a bicycle shortly. I am planning to buy a folding one, which I can carry around if need be. Also, bicycle theft, especially the pricey ones is a common thing these days, so It would be better to keep it at home, when not in use. Following is the one I am planning to buy. Thoughts, suggestions ?

Buy Btwin Cycling Folding Bikes HOPTOWN 1 Online
    2 people like this.
  2. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Good to know that you are gonna buy one. Im not aware about folding bike. But here is a link which compares folding vs mountain bike.

Folding bike vs mountain bike - Bicycles Stack Exchange

And regarding bicycle theft..If you buy a strong lock like Btwin SP5 & lock both the tires together or lock it to a pole or a tree or something, chances of getting stolen is very less. Also for carrying in a car, you get car racks. As you carry your bike very rarely when you travel in a car, this will be a better option. Please study in detail whether a normal bike or foldable bike is better for you.

per305.jpg saris_rack 1051_.jpg car-bicycle-racks-2.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

You have pics of your cycle?
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Hero Octane Spear MTB

@Lunafiatic,

If you are look at non-folding versions, perhaps Hero Octane Spear (MTB) looks nice.. the specs are impressive.
    Disc Brakes and Shimano and all.

- - - Merged Post - - -

OT: The title song of Friends does not help focus on video.. :)
    2 people like this.
  4. Vighnesh81

Vighnesh81 Novizio

Pune, MH
    Very much inspiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Vighnesh81

Vighnesh81 Novizio

Pune, MH
    And nice reply Mahesh B.

6. Vighnesh81

Vighnesh81 Novizio

Pune, MH
    Pankaj will you get time to ride the cycle from your busy scheduled. Even prasad has a cycle. But he didn't get a time to ride.
    Then it will be a dead investment.

7. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    I think if you consider cycling just as an exercise, you'll get bored like any other workout. Thats why I mentioned, it should be developed as a passion. Something like what we all have towards Fiat & driving :)
  8. Vighnesh81

Vighnesh81 Novizio

Pune, MH
    Right. Agreed

9. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    oh thats a gr8 Thread ....i can post something too
    Recently Purchased This one But due to tyre blast without use i returned it
    IMAG0494.jpg IMAG0495.jpg IMAG0496.jpg IMAG0497.jpg IMAG0498.jpg IMAG0499.jpg

Shimano 14 Gears
    Real Slim Tyres less than 1 cm but hold lot of air 8bars
    Double wall Rim technology

Then I am getting this one on this Saturday
    0689540_014_001_xtralarge_1.jpg 0689540_014_001_xtralarge_3.jpg 0689540_014_001_xtralarge_4.jpg 0689540_014_001_xtralarge_5.jpg 0689540_014_001_xtralarge_7.jpg 0689540_014_001_xtralarge_9.jpg 0689540_014_001_xtralarge_10.jpg
    Front Twin Shocks
    Rear Mono Shocks
    Front and Rear Disc brake
    Shimano 21 Gears
  10. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Both the bikes are looking great... Tyre blast? What was the reason for that? And how much these bikes costs? Im not aware of different brands. Is Mckenzie a good brand? Also what kind of ride are you planning for? If its just city ride in roads, its not advised to buy a bike with shocks in front & rear. Read in many forums that it adds weight & takes up more energy to ride. Pls google it. :)