1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cycling and Fiat

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by envira, Sep 26, 2016.

1. envira

envira Timido

Visakhapatnam
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello guys,
    There are few things in common for a Fiat Owner. They would always be multi-taskers, with some extra activity in their personal life.
    Well, i am a cyclist and i currently own a Fuji Absolute Hybrid for BRM's and a Btwin 520 for trails.

Gec6Oi8.jpg
    Thats me at my home place Visakhapatnam.

r7d5jte.jpg
    My Car loaded with my bike ( previous bike )

I would be happy to find some friends here who share the same passion.
    Thanks in advance.
    regards
    Tornado, varoon9999, S A SHAH and 3 others like this.
  2. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Nice to know a cyclist on this forum. I have done biking expeditions in Himalayas such as Kulu to Jalori Pass. I normally also cycle as primary vehicle in Mumbai. (Considering the traffic situation in Mumbai, I often reach my destination faster on my cycle rather than in Linea :)). Every year I do a few cycling expeditions such as Round tour of Mumbai on 31st December evening, Ganesh darshan across Mumbai during the Ganapati festival etc. Really, cycle is a clean and green mode of transport, keeps you fit and enjoyable too.
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Cycling is a nice passion alongside a fiat!
    Is that bike carrier a Thule product? Can you explain more on carrier? Also address pros and cons with such a carrier. I'm impressed with the way it gives a rugged look to your punto.
    envira and Tornado like this.
  4. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    My Wheels, in addition to this I possess Palio as well.

(sorry for photo quality, Lumia730 shot)

WP_20160921_14_58_40_Pro (2).jpg
  5. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Well I'm one too... though I'm a hardcore Rodie cyclist. :)

1000481_415454475237405_1249268099_n.jpg
    envira, Tornado and varoon9999 like this.
  6. envira

envira Timido

Visakhapatnam
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to know sir. Really i would love to read your travelogue, about the Himalayas. I have a dream to ride in Himalayas too. Yes sir i agree, we should learn a lot from Netherlands considering the amount of traffic scenario in here. It should be imbibed into the culture back again which was lost. Glad that you pedal to work too :) . Happy pedaling sir.

Nope sir,
    Its is a Bikerz Rack that was made in India. I bought it an year ago and it served me well. I used it for 2 bikes to carry at once and it feels sturdy, but not as sturdier than BNB and Thule. The rack is good for all Hatches, but for sedan i dont know whether it fits or not. The rack is made of alloy, and it has protection for frame as well as the car. i would love to post some pics, but unfortunately the rack was in my car trunk. I would do that in my leisure time. The only con i noticed was that the screw threads were worn out in 6 months after 10-15 trips, but the seller was really good that he sent me 6 extra bolts for free of cost as soon as i mentioned the problem. That's one reason i bought this rack instead of BNB, which is a few bucks extra than this rack. It is sold on their website : http://youlovebikes.com/
    But if you have decent budget go for Yakima Rack or a Thule which are best in-terms of quality and performance. Thank you :)

Glad to know sir. Thats one good hybrid.

Good to know sir, you look like a pro in the pic. Actually i am planning for a roadie, but stuck to hybrid. Now i have a Fuji Absolute 1.4 with Deore groupset and Btwin RR 520. I would upgrade to something better but the riding position in a roadie is what that troubles me. I didnt feel much comfortable with the position, as i tested my friend's Trek Emonda Ultegra series bike. Hope in future i may end up in roadie as well, but as of now i am happy with hybrid.
    Thank you all for your valuable responses. I really am overwhelmed to hear from many cyclists. Looking for more to follow. Thank you
    Good day and happy pedalling.
    regards
    S A SHAH and KPR like this.