1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cut on the tyre...!!!

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Fiat1100, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Yesterday, a motorcycle rammed into rear tyre of my Linea parked outside. I could notice there is a small cut of 1 inch on the side of the tyre. Is it safe to drive the car with that tyre or I have to replaced it with a new one.

Waiting for suggestions.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    How deep is the cut? Any loss of air pressure noticed? No matter how deep the cut, any such cut will obviously create a weak spot on the tyre and is definitely less safer. You might want to use it as spare.

Rajan
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    if you are not loosing the air pressure then no need to worry !!!

i too have cut in my rear tyre(GT3) and its now for more than 13 months.
    (+ )Also had a rotation of tyres.
  4. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    There is no loss in air pressure noticed till now. will try to take a snap and upload the same.....
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i too had a cut on my rear tyre. ran my car with them until noticed. but after that kept it as spare thats the best thing to do.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why taking risks when you can see lots of discussion going on here and elsewhere regarding safety of tires and sidewall strength and cuts, tire bursts and death ??
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Get a tube & keep the tyre as spare. Much safer that way.
  8. Please do not play around on tyres with sidewall cuts/damages. These are the primary culprits for tire blowouts! Please change the tires for your own safety.
    4 people like this.
  9. zoombiee

zoombiee

Bangalore
    Take it to a good tyre expert and get their opinion. If I were you I would replace it immediately. Better to shell out a lil money than risk lives.