1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Current Linea T-Jet or Next-gen Linea Petrol?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by edurgesh, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Thanks Abhishek! It's great that you are getting your car this weekend itself. Congratulations, & post few pictures of the new car!
    It will take a little more time for me, as I still need to do the PDI and loan processing is also not yet complete.
    1 person likes this.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi edurgesh, any progress for your tjet? Did you got your car delivered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Hello guys!

Finally did the PDI of my car at dealer's place. Except that glove box alignment and its loose fitting and some dirt marks, everything else seemed to be good. :-D I have informed the SR about those points to fix/clean before delivery.

Now only if the loan gets approved, I will be able to get her home and sit behind the wheels. Somehow it got stuck with CIBIL due to a very old credit card issue. Working with them to get the issue resolved. :(

Here goes few pics of the car:

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

Experts, please provide suggestion on these points:

1. The stock tyres are Good Year NCT5. How good are those? Should I change; if yes please suggest.
    2. Checked the T-Jet branded mats; they seem to be just OK. Any better mats which fit snugly and easy to maintain?
    3. Planning to fit a spoiler; any drawback with that?
    4. Any other accessory to get/fit in my T-Jet? :)

Thanks!
    7 people like this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful pics edurgesh !! Few days back, I also did the pdi at same place for my tjet. :) the fifth pic clicked by you is same as clicked by me :) feeling nostalgic ..
    Lets hope that you get your car delivered ASAP..all the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Oh really Abhishek; you also did the PDI in the dealer's parking? That's good; at least we didn't need to go to his stockyard or service center. :)
    Yes, now it's taking too much time, and I'm getting impatient.
  6. nareshov

nareshov

Bangalore
    Congrats!

No expert here, but:
    1. Some go with softer compound replacements like Michelins or Yokohamas on day one itself since that'd fetch you the best buyback for your tyres.
    Personally, I think running the stock ones - to get a feel of how the factory wanted it to feel like (assuming Fiat India wasn't mad like they are now with stickering contests when they chose the tyres (some say it's chosen only because it's the cheapest for most manufacturers)) - for a while and then trying out something else will give you a sense of what difference it has brought in your car.
    2. Try the 3M nomad mats from any 3M store or eMahendra.com site.
    3. Nothing major unless you plan to fit a trunk mounted bicycle rack.
    4. Practically, reverse sensors would be nice to have if this is your first sedan. Aesthetically, I like my illuminated doorsill plates.
  7. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Thank you Naresh for the detailed reply!

Considering our typical India roads, I would not prefer very soft compound tyres for my car. I would prefer a little rugged tyres, and the tyres should provide good grip and steering feedback. Tyre noise is not very important for me; it need not be super silent. So, if the current tyres are not really bad on those requirements, I would probably continue using those only. Now here the other members with same tyres can provide some feedback! :)

I'll check for 3M Nomad mats. One of my friend recommended 3D Kagu; I'll check that too.

Probably we will not be going for any cycle rack, I would go with the spoiler. It looks cool, and probably improves some dynamics also!

Yes, I also like that T-Jet door sill, but the dealer says if water drops on that it stops working. Not sure how much truth is in that.

Thanks!
  8. nareshov

nareshov

Bangalore
    You're welcome!

FTR, I did move from the Goodyear NCT 5 to Yokohama AVS dB when it was time for a change. Low tyre noise contributes to long distance driving comfort (claims some study).

There's an excellent thread about 3M Nomad vs. the rest by KarthikK on 'the definitive forum', you might want to read that before you put down your money on either of these (somewhat expensive) options.

I got the door sills installed by folks at Concorde who didn't grok symmetry for some reason and that led to my left-hand-side doorsill to be slightly outward causing it to collect water on its upper surface whenever the car's washed or sees rain. The plate itself has a small amount of rust on it (I think it can be wiped down) and the lights still work just fine. I'd rather have the dealer worry about doing a flawless install than have him tell me a non-issue (at least in my experience).
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  9. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Thanks Naresh!

Not sure about the tyres. Probably I'll continue with those only till next change unless there is some major issue.

Yes, I checked that KarthikK's thread on 3M Nomad mats; it's very interesting. Now it seems to be a tough choice; probably need to check in person then decide.

For illuminated door sills, I need to make sure they fit it properly. I guess they are blaming the product itself instead of fitting that properly at the first place. How lame it sounds. If that's the case, this I need to make sure for the spoiler also.
  10. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Yesterday we went to take the delivery of our T-Jet. Noticed that they have goofed up lot of information in the documents; name, father's name, address, manufacturing year, all were incorrectly written. On top of that they didn't even clean the vehicle properly from inside, and the SR who was dealing with me was not present. :(

After that they promised me to get the information corrected in the insurance and RC book when it arrives, but they say that the invoice cannot be changed. They also asked a day's time to clean the vehicle thoroughly from inside. Probably should get that tomorrow.

Totally dissatisfied, we left the vehicle and returned (asked them to drop us back to home which they agreed). I'm not sure if someone else also has faced similar issues with Pandit Auto in Pune.

One thing I'm not sure from which date the car's warranty starts. Does it start from the invoice date or delivery date? They say it starts from the invoice date and it was generated on Decmber 31?

Finger crossed. :(
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.