1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Current Linea T-Jet or Next-gen Linea Petrol?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by edurgesh, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would like to say that grab this December offer. I visited Metro Motors Ambala yesterday since I was in Ambala. 3 of the Sales executives have bought Punto availing this December offer. Since its December end, you can try if they give you a full 1 lac discount on the TJET without exchange.

On Punto, its a straight 1 lac discount without exchange or anything. On the Linea Classic, its a Rs50000 discount.

I must say that the center console isn't ugly but again that is a subjective opinion and can differ. In fact many people will compliment you for design of the dashboard. My friend who owns a TATA Vista was completely floored by the design of the Punto dashboard. It looks huge from the front passenger seat. :)
  2. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    I would suggest you to look at the center console of the New model and weigh it against the discount, that will help you decide.. ( you know the external design changes)

My personal opinion is the console should not be too cluttered and have a lot many bright colors and too many indications, where in one need to pull the car to the side to understand and comprehend so many indications and messages while driving...
  3. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Sorry guys for updating late. And yes finally I booked my Jet yesterday evening! :p

Thanks Abhishek for the confirmation. Yes, T-Jet is really a great car. I also tried hard to get 1L discount without exchange. Could not get full discount, but managed to get 90K. IMO that's also quite good. :)

Thanks Channa. That car is like that only; just one drive is enough to get impressed. After driving the car, those issues like center console, interior fittings become insignificant. :cool:

Thanks PaddleShifter. That 1L discount for T-Jet is only under exchange. I tried to get full discount without exchange, but managed to get 90K. That also I think quite good. :)

Also I noticed that the center console color in Punto is black (we liked that more), but it's of different color in T-Jet. I think it's mainly the color which looks out of place, otherwise it's OK.

Thanks C_S. I have seen the dashboard design of new Linea in pictures and it looks quite fresh and appealing, but again that's going to be an costly affair. After pitching these shortcomings against the price difference between two cars, they look small. And I agree that the console design should be simple and buttons and controls should be easily accessible for the driver. :cool:

They promised the delivery of car around 7th January. Now the wait begins.
    2 people like this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats for the booking!!! Which variant and color did you finalised?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Thank you Abhishek!

I have booked T-Jet Emotion! :cool:
    For color we are still confused between NPW and OB, but need to tell the SR by today only. :confused:
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Go for OB looks awesome

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  7. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    OB if you are sure to take care of her else NPW. :)
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  8. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Thanks Channa and MakeTheMove! We also finalized the OB color only.
    It looks really great in OB, and yes I need to take care of her more than NPW. :)

Do we get to see the car before it gets allotted to me and VIN is provided? Or I can see several cars somewhere at dealer location or at their stockyard and pick one of those? Dealer is saying they will place the order with Fiat and get the vehicle in few days? Do they really place the orders for individual cars? :confused: What do I need to take care of during all this process? I'm not sure how does it really work.

When I purchased my first car 8 years ago I never bothered about all this and PDI stuff; was totally new about car purchase. Just booked the car got her home on D-day. :cool:
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Congrats durgesh
    You will get to see the car once you get the VIN no. Do a proper PDI.

Wish you a very smooth and pleasent buying experience.

Do carry your camera while doing pdi and post as many pics as you can :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  10. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    Congrats !! OB looks stunning and the car looks great in this complexion .

Shrinivas Patil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.