1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Current Linea T-Jet or Next-gen Linea Petrol?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by edurgesh, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think there is no reason to reject current Linea Tjet. 1 lakh discount + corporate discount + freebies are worth to look at.

As Channa said base or mid variant of new Linea will be your budget. AFAIK new Linea petrol will be available in only Tjet engine only.

I would have selected current Linea Emotion Tjet with all bells and whistle.

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp
  2. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Sorry MakeTheMove, I could not TD the car on Sunday also. When I checked with the Pandit Auto, they said they already have few TD bookings for T-Jet and they close by 01:30 pm on Sundays. So finally it could not happen. :(

That day I was free in the afternoon, so went to TD Verna just to compare with something. Did not like that because of Steering, Breaks and Rear Seat. Because of all this I was hesitating to post on the forum till the TD is done, but could not resist after seeing your post. Anyway, I'll do TD of the T-Jet definitely by this weekend; December is coming to end.

Thanks Kedar, you are right. The top model of new Linea may go beyond my budget, and it's hard to resist the offers on current model for which I can very easily get the top model. So, if everything goes well I'll also prefer the current T-Jet after test driving that.
  3. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Hello friends!

Finally did the test drive of T-Jet! :grin:

First I went to dealer on Saturday and took a test drive of the Jet after getting all the details and offers. It was a small drive of 2-3 kms in nearby area only, and the city roads were crowded. Because of all this I could not get the real feel of T-Jet; in fact I was struggling a little bit to control the accelerator in the car. Got disappointed and told the SR that this was not enough and I need a long test drive on empty roads. He said come on Sunday.

I went again in the afternoon and took a long test drive of approx. 18-20 kms on relatively empty roads. Oh man! What a fantastic drive it was! :eek: After understanding its characteristics it was real joy to drive T-Jet. The acceleration is superb. Initially between 1000-1500 rpm, it was a little slow to move. Once it crosses 1500 mark, it starts moving fast; pretty good for city driving. And after 2000 rpm, it simply becomes a rocket! :grin: It's so addictive to drive after 2000 rpm that it was very difficult to drive slow after that. Because of some traffic and speed breakers at regular intervals, I could not go beyond 70 kmph, but I could feel how much joy it would be to drive T-Jet on highways! :cool:

I drove her on plain good roads, broken roads with huge speed breakers, on turns etc. Handling was sharp, the ride was quite good even on broken roads! And it never bottomed out on those huge speed breakers (thanks to 190 mm GC) where definitely my Santro would have hit. Breaks are so good that it requires just a feather touch to bring the speeding car well in limits. In short, thoroughly enjoyed the drive and really loved the car! :razz:

After that TD when I came back in my Santro, initially I thought something went wrong with my car; why it's not moving! :evilsmile

To summarize it:

Engine: Wow!
    Ride: Excellent!
    Handling: Excellent!
    Steering: Superb!
    Breaks: Perfect!

Negative points:

1. That ugly looking center console. I can ignore that, but still need to convince the wife. :wink:
    2. Clutch travel is very long; maybe I'll get used to that.
    3. Interior finish is not very good; can be ignored.

Offers:

1 Lac discount on exchange of the existing car.
    OR
    75 K discount without exchange.

The FIAT website says 1 lac discount. It's not clear to me if 1 L discount is only under exchange?
    If I do not want to sell my car, am I supposed to get only 75 K discount? Or I can get 1 L discount without actually exchanging my current car?

Experts, please help. Probably I will go for booking tomorrow itself.

Also please tell me what to take care of during all this transaction.

Thanks a lot!
    1 person likes this.
  4. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    Hi,
    Good to learn that you enjoyed the TD . T- jet is a wonderful car. I too , am a proud owner since last month. You need to only share ur existing car documents to avail the offer. There is no need to exchange the car with the dealer.
    If you have been to Pandit Auto , pl check with Nachiket and he will help u.

Shrinivas Patil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  5. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Thank you Shrinivas for the info!

This will be really helpful for me, as we are still debating on to keep the current car for my wife and city drives. Yes, I went to Pandit Auto only and currently I'm dealing with Amol over there. First I'll check with him about this 1L discount, and if he does not agree I'll get in touch with Nachitek.

Regards,
    Durgesh
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congratulations Buddy on deciding to go for current T-Jet,T-Jet is an enthusiasts & fun to drive car petrol car which i never driven till date but will surely drive when i get my hands on her.When are you booking T-Jet?
  7. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Thank you Nadeem Ahmed! Yes T-Jet is really a fun to drive car. I have driven other cars in the same segment, but none comes close to it; T-Jet really is a great machine! It's way ahead of other cars. I'm sure you will definitely love to drive that.

Most probably I'll be booking it today only.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Ya right,i love to drive her one day for sure soon.Great & congrats on booking T-Jet today.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi edurgesh,

Tjet really is a gem of a car. Regarding discount , for the month of december discount of 1lac is applicable only if you exchange your old car(merely sharing the docs wont work). I can confirm this because i have booked a Tjet too from them :D .
    I even enquired with Fiat india for this and got the same reply.
    But if you are still getting a discount of 1lac without exchanging your car, please update me i will also ask them to work it for me.
  10. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Hi Durgesh,

Good to hear that you liked T-Jet, Yes it is class apart when it comes to handling comfort and ride quality.

It is not ugly sir :p

If you push hard you can get 1 Lakh discount.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.