1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Current Linea T-Jet or Next-gen Linea Petrol?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by edurgesh, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Hello friends,

I joined TFI few months back, but due to some time constraints and other issues I could not remain active after the initial introduction. Recently I started coming back to the forum and reading the posts silently. The amount of information available and shared on this forum is simply amazing!

Coming back to the topic, I have been using my old and good Santro for almost 8 years which has now done 65K+, and has been serving us very well. Since that's getting old now, I was thinking to replace her with a bigger and better car. To be frank I have never driven a Fiat but 'somehow' I've been always admiring Fiat cars. Since the December is already there and lots of year end discounts are going on on almost all the cars, I was thinking to utilize this opportunity and get a new car to get the best price.

My usage of the car will be approx 700-800 kms per month, or 10,000 kms per year max. and budget is 10L max. For this much usage, I think a petrol car will be better option for me; please correct me if I'm wrong.

Considering all this I was targeting the Linea T-Jet which fits the bill, but Linea is due for an update early next year. That's where the confusion starts. Should I go ahead and buy the current gen T-Jet, or wait few more months for new Linea?

Current T-Jet:
    + Looks beautiful
    + Discount of approx 1L
    - Interior is not very good
    New Linea:
    + Good interiors (looks good in pictures)
    + Few more features may come (Cruise Control & ESP)
    - Exterior look not as good as current Linea
    - May be costly and may not come with this much discount

Please help me to decide?

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks & Regards
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For your running Petrol is suited well, so go ahead.

I would suggest go ahead and test drive current T-Jet, if you like current Linea, take it, lots of offers are there and it should be cheaper.

New Linea will have also same engine, but dash design is totally different and even exterior is little changed. You can check pictures on Fiat Turkey site or google it. If you like that, then you can wait for couple of months.
  3. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Thanks Ravi for the reply. I've seen the pictures of the new Linea; IMO current Linea looks better from outside, but still need to see the interiors personally. I'll go for the test drive this weekend; that should help me in decision making.

I have read somewhere on this forum that new Linea is going to get Cruise Control and ESP; how much important are those features?

OT: Just now I noticed that I've misspelled the name 'Linea' in the subject. :( How can I correct that? Sorry for the trouble.
  4. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Durgesh, as suggested by Ravi please test drive current version T Jet. Fiat has addressed most of the concerns in 2013 batch. And with current offers it will be right fit in your budget.

Plastic quality is improved too if you compare it with earlier version Linea. Stearing in city condition is light too. All strong points remain as is. :)

Best luck for test drive.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @edurgesh,

IMO you should seriously look at the T-jet. The new Linea if launched next year I am sure will go out of your budget. Also the lakh rupees saved now on the T-jet will be sufficient to compensate for your fuel bills atleast for a couple of years. I have been inside the T-jet and frankly I dont find it tasteless at all. Yes the plastics can be an issue but then the same will be there in the new Linea too.

Do take a test drive and decide accoridngly.
  6. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    @MakeTheMove, @ghodlur: Thank you guys for the suggestion; I'll test drive the current T-Jet first and let's see how much do we like the interiors. Price of next-gen Linea is unknown at this point, but my guess is that it's going to be costly. Also year end offers on current models make it more attractive.

Any idea how much maximum offer is going on on T-Jet in Pune?

Thanks.
  7. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Rs. 100000 off on all Models at present. Try and bargain to get free/discounted rate accessories of 5-7K worth.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Hi Durgesh, Warm welcome to TFI.
    Very happy to hear that you are planing for a T-Jet :p

As many friends said the new linea may go out of your current budget, but I am sure the base/mid variant should fit in (if you are want the turkey style interiors).
    Whether you want to wait or not go for a test drive. Handling is going to remain the same.

We love to hear your test drive experience.
  9. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    @MakeTheMove: Thanks buddy! Even 1L off is quite impressive. Let's see how much more I can bargain.:smile:

@mchanna: Thank you buddy! Somehow I also have a feeling that the new Linea will be costly. Also I like the current Linea's exterior looks very much. So, if TD goes well and interiors are OK, I can go with this itself! I was planning to go for TD today itself, but somehow could not make that; got stuck in other work. :( Will go tomorrow.

OT: Thank you MODs for correcting the subject line. :D
  10. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Durgesh, I hope you had TD. Please update on progress.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.