1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Current Fiat Service Situation in Hyderabad - Why should we suffer

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by ibsr, May 11, 2013.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats what happening at my place in sangli,maharashtra.TASS have clearly informed me that it will last till september or diwali.But no expectation about spares, they have stopped placing order.only general service.I'm happy with TASS :)
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Visited Tejaswi (First time) this morning to try and get my hands on a pair of brake pads since i need to do some highway runs next week and my existing pads are almost worn out.

Haha, the place was filled with FIATs to the brim including the driveway. I think there were atleast 50 cars at the SC. The SA was telling me they have a parking lot behind the SC and that one is full too.

I have good rapport with all the guys at Tejaswi, so did some fun talk for a while and then asked if they would do my brake pads. Got a "Negative answer". Then asked for counter sale of the Brake pads, the pointed me to the spares guy who recognises me too. He informed that they have stopped Counter sale completely and it is not possible.

Went direct to the Service Manager, this person i met for the first time ever. Spoke to him for a bit and he tells me clearly that these is no process for counter sale at all now.

The SA finally agreed to get it done but said it will take some time since he had to move out the rest of the cars to get mine in. I asked how long. He said atleast 4 hrs. I was in no mood to wait and this place is quite far away from my work place, so decided to skip.

After lots of this and that they also agreed to give me the brake pads if i paid for the labor too. Seriously?

Although they did offer to do mine, looking at the state of the SC, All i can say is that Hyderabad is screwed for now
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  3. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    I have first free service scheduled this Saturday and I have couple issues to fix apart from regular servicing.

1. Interior cover from C pillar falling off due to a loose joint since I took the delivery of the car.
    2. Turn (right and left both) switches does not go back to default position after steering straighten up the wheels.
    3. Minor Paint work on bumper

I don't know how much they will be eager to fix those because 1 & 2 should be done free. For number 2, they need to take out the dash.
  4. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Chennai, Bangalore now Hyderabad... Is it a plague spreading all over india :A
    1 person likes this.
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In my case i have to get service done at 58,500 Kms ( Fifth service ) and i wanted to get it done before but as service slots were not available i have to wait till 6th June.
    My Car ODO is at 57000 kms as of today.
    If i cross 58,500 mark, there is every chance that my extended warranty would expire ( may be not ).
    This might be FIAT's transition period but they would have continued with TASS till SEP'13 even exclusive service center is in place.Hope things will get better soon.
    Service centre in Uppal/Nagole/LB Nagar areas is must for FIAT to survive. I hope this thread will give some inputs to FIAT.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What is the issue with Bangalore?
    Earlier it was 5, with Tata vehicles. Now its 3, without Tata, I don't see any issues.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I guess what he meant was the exclusive service center is currently only one as the other two are yet to get operational. Though KHT and Aadya are taking cars at their existing TATA ASCs. But still what is the issue?
  8. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    I have always prayed:God please don't send me to the service center when it was TASS. I guess the still needs to continue. Tejaswi and the earlier ones Concorde and Malik cars all the same.

So far in last 4 years of owning the car, never has the car come back with all issues resolved. Lost count of escalations I have done to FIAT for get issues diagnosed properly. One still pending. I feel miserable about the experience dealing with the SC guys and repent of buying the car. Zero understanding of how cars work. They predict like an astrologer, without opening the vehicle to diagnose. The service adviser's interest is canvassing to get good rating in feedback form.

We have other better things to do in life, then following up with FIAT every week.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    I guess the issue faced on all these places ( Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad) is excessive load and customers not getting slots to get their cars services.
    Personally, I have not faced any issues but some of our members faced due to excessive loads on FASS in Chennai and Bangalore. Now even hyderabad has the same issue with just one FASS.

Even in Bangalore , when i checked with KHT the other day( Caffe opening) they said that they have "temporarily" stopped accepting Vehicles in the old TASS SC as the new FASS is getting ready to operational in few days time. ( For serious issues, they still do support the customers in the old TASS which is appreciated )
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  10. macky

macky Amatore

Almost a month of wait for a slot to get the car serviced is a big joke and honestly what will happen by the end of this year, I havent heard of any new service centre coming up in Andhra Pradesh apart from hyderabad any time soon and Tough TATA is supposed to service till september(Places apart from hyderabad), I dont see them doing it, atleast not in my place, infact they removed the FIAT from their service.

And to what Vignesh experienced, Its by law that they should provide counter sale and if they are not doing it, then you are with in your right to lodge a complaint. Hundai,Skoda and VW were all given stern warning regarding the same by some court(not sure about which court).
    Last edited: May 17, 2013