1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruze LT or Linea Emotion Pk? Legroom Linea enough kya?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by ajai_dev, Oct 18, 2010.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Linea is a good car but if you look at other factors like the interior fit and finish you will definitely see a huge difference in quality between Linea and Cruze... Cruze has a lot premium feel... I sat inside it when i went to check Optra and Cruze for my Dad and observed that the Feel inside Cruze and Optra is completely different from Linea...

Linea do have its plus points but still when you have budget in the range of 11+ Lacs You have many other options too.... I would suggest if you are fine with a Petrol car then T-Jet is a really good choice and it can match up to even Cruze LT... Good Ground Clearance (thanks to 16inch Alloys), Leather Upholstery and of course the looks...
    If you are looking for a diesel car then It's a Tough call as Linea comes with the most renowned 1.3MJD, where as Cruze has a similar Engine as Optra with some increased hp (as told by a mechanic at Chevy SC).

I would suggest you to take a Test Drive of both the cars on the same day and that will make it easy for you to decide...

By the way are you considering other cars too... have you looked at Corolla Altis (diesel and petrol both)?
  2. Cruze has the same diesel engine as Captiva if am not wrong.Anyways Cruze & Linea play in very different segments. It's not good to compare Linea with Cruze IMHO.
  3. ajai_dev

ajai_dev

Shimla
    I have taken a test drive of Cruze and yes the interior quality is better than Linea but not as good as Skoda or even VW Vento.

I can spend the extra 2.9Lac on a Cruze LT but would it be worth it in the long run. The Cruze LT is the cheapest car in its class. The Linea has the dimensions that define it as a D class car but it is marketed in the C segment. I did sit in both and while Linea has better driving position the Cruze has a bit more comfy driver seat but i could not take my whole family to Chandigarh so am not sure about back leg/head space.

I found this review which does pit Cruze against the Linea :

http://www.carwale.com/research/fiat-ca ... 26965.html

and here is a long term review

http://www.carwale.com/research/fiat-ca ... 26504.html

EDIT: The Cruze's engine is a RA 420 SOHC same as Optra Mag but the Optra Mag had a constant valve timing and the Cruze one has variable valve timing resulting in more power.
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    @Ajai: It feels good that you are spending a lot of time and doing good research .... I somehow have a feeling that you want Linea but Still searching for Cruze Positives... Simply Heart wants Linea and Brain Wants Cruze case... :)

You do have a chevy dealer and service center at Shimla.... but not any Fiat dealer and ASS center in Shimla... If you choose Linea you have to travel all the way to chandigarh for all small niggles and issues, I know chandigarh is not far from Shimla, as i am from Punjab, but still..... I am not against linea at all... I am a true FIAT lover... If you are fine with this... then Linea is a true master... And you will not feel its underpowered at Highways until you reach 140+... I drove linea many a times and personally liked it a lot...
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Linea in Europe is a direct competition to Cruze/Jetta/Civic:

In Europe, it has rain sensitive wipers, cruise controls, 150bhp 1.9 liter MJD engine, hill descent and ascent control (you would love this feature in Shimla). Also other features like sunroof etc are also available.

Europe spec Linea vs Cruze isn't of much help here. Also, I believe spare parts for Cruze shall be more readily available in Europe.
  6. ajai_dev

ajai_dev

Shimla
    Well that is what is so interesting the 150PS engine is suppose to be a TJET petrol and the 1.9 liter is not a MJD but a Flex engine for the Brazilian market. The Linea in Europe mainly comes with a 1.3 MJD that makes 90PS aka 66 kW same as the screens above the added features to the Indian Linea are 16" rims.

Here is a link he forwarded

http://eng.auto24.ee/new/compare.php?c=609216,490181

The Linea comes out around EEK 251000 with blue and me and the normal features found in Emotion Pk. As you can see it does not have rain sensors, HDAAC or sunroof in as default they are all optional.