1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruze LT or Linea Emotion Pk? Legroom Linea enough kya?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by ajai_dev, Oct 18, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hind Motors, Chandigarh, Phase-I, near Centra Mall.
    Mr. Prem Kumar (Team leader for Fiat sales)
    Phone No: 9780035627
    Mr Harish Sharma (Sales Officer for Fiat cars)
    Phone No: 9780035679

They should be able to help you out. Very straight forward people. Do not talk sweetly and change at the last minute.

At Joshi, I dealt with Mr Manoj Jangra and Mr Rakesh Verma. The former wasted my 3-4 days by promising a BS-4 Punto 1.4 only to advise me to buy BS-3 1.4 later at a discount of mere Rs4000.
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ajai i still feel u need to check both cars personally before making a decision.. MOst of the time the dimensions look good only on papers but when it comes to reality its a lot more different. so better to check the space thing in person b4 u decide on the car...
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Is space the only deciding factor between these two cars?

If I had the money to buy a Cruze, I would never look at the Linea.
  4. ajai_dev

ajai_dev

Shimla
    Bought a Autocar in its NEW CARS A-Z section it says Cruze rear legroom 60/86cm, headroom 89 and for Linea it says rear legroom 65/86cm, headroom 87cm.

Well i also went to the showrooms of both Fiat and Chevrolet and the prices quoted to me are as following:

Cruze LT - 11.70 Lac
    Linea Emo Pk - 8.78 Lac

Difference - 2.92 Lac

That is around 33.25% the cost of a Linea Emo Pk, arranging the loan for the amount will not be difficult because i have a high down payment planned for Linea but is it worth it. What i mean is that Cruze will have more expensive spare parts and also will eat more not to mention the bad in city performance in B2B traffic?

Also till date i did read a million posts on what went wrong with Linea but just a few on Cruze does that mean that the Cruze is better/easier to maintain and has less ownership problems?

Its almost been 3-4months since i have started to search and people are now suggesting me to wait for Renault Fluence, Hyundai Avante and Skoda K215 i know that Fluence and Avante may come here early 2011 but they can be delayed then i'll have to wait again :(
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would suggest that you wait for Hyundai Avante or other cars you have mentioned. I am saying this because I am a big fan of Chevy Cruze but I have heard that Cruze owners do not get spare parts for months.

One of my friend is a very big auto enthusiast and his inventory is very big too:
    Lancer, Ford Fiesta TDCi (now sold), Safari, Skoda Octavia, and now a BMW 3 series.

I completely trust him and he has always said that do not buy Skoda (because of costly spares) and Cruze (lack of spare parts).

This guy can afford Skoda spare parts but even he is not getting the motor of his driver side RVM replaced (He says the motor alone costs Rs25000).

You will not find many reviews about Cruze as the online population of Cruze is very thin.
    A lot more of Linea and Punto owners on the other hand are online at various problems and they are more concerned about even minor niggles (because of past history of Fiat over service of its Uno and palio, a new Fiat owner is over cautious).
  6. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey,

I would agree with Amit - If Money is not the concern then Cruze is a Better Option until and unless you are a DIE HARD fan of the Fiat.

Just so you all know Our Fiat Re-Sale Value is Crap compared to other makes, not that Chevrolet has a good re-sale value.

Eventually Experience Counts!!LOL ... What Say ???
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    If I had money to buy Cruze, I might also look at Innova or even Aria also.

On the other hand, on this side of 10 Lacs, Linea Tjet is also an option to look at. Its a rocket :mrgreen: & a Fun To Drive car.

Well, GM & Fiat draws analogy in most ways - Image, Perception, Re-sale value etc. For Parts, Linea parts are no issues to get whereas I've no experience about Cruze parts. Though somehow buying GM cars never appeals to me for a combination of factors in spite of some of them having good value proposition.
  8. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    HI,

Just so you all Know GM has Packed its bags in the past and disappeared from the surface of India once already ....
  9. ajai_dev

ajai_dev

Shimla
    A used LTZ Cruze 2009 model is available for 8-9Lac "Least was 8.3Lac for a white model" in Chandigarh that is quite low i would expect at least around 10-11Lac, there was no LT model available in the used car market looks like people bought more of LTZ than LT.

For a 2008-2009 Linea Emotion "With the Blue and me and Airbags but without the additional PK badge" the cost was almost 7Lac "6.6Lac actually" could not find anything cheaper.

So the price decrease for Cruze was more as compared to Linea, both had no accidents and seemed good to go if anyone is interested in buying either PM me i have the numbers for the people both are based in Chd.
  10. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Have you sat down in the rear of both the cars till now?

For as long as I remember, The Grande Punto always felt cramped at the rear when I adjusted the front seat to my driving position. Finally the day came when I took my mom and dad for the test drive. Half expecting them to find the rear cramped as well.

Only when thay sat inside did I realise this extremely simple thing that they are a bit shorter then me and even in my ideal driving position they had almost 4-5 inches in between the seat and their knees.

Moral of the story- If you are being chauffer driven then not necessarily the drivers seat position will be same as yours so you might get a good amount of legroom as well or you can simply ask him to drive with the seat a bit ahead.

2) If you are the ones who is driving then , whether the rear legroom is enough or not , depends on the person sitting behind .

Personally we have a Linea and I have sat in the rear of the cruze as well and I find the cruze to be quite a bit claustrophobic irrespective of the legroom which was no great shakes compared to Linea.

Also Cruze will have a good stability on a stright road, on curves and twisties, its no comparision for the Linea. This is something which has been confirmed by an fellow member on another forum owning a Cruze.