1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruising on the 1.3 MJD Linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by govind, Apr 15, 2011.

1. govind

govind Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Folks
    Hopefully before the excitement dies, I managed to key in my ownership and drive report.

I am Maruti Wagon R owner transitioning into the FIAT family. After driving the Wagon R for 7 years, I was looking for a sedan which could take my family around on long drives. I chose diesel for the obvious cost advantage.

I had to pick between Ford Fiesta, Hyundai Verna and my hot pick was Volkswagen Vento. I was particularly tracking the Vento, who wasnt stung by the Volks brand, looks and performance. Test drove the Fiesta and it very quickly reminded me of my Wagon R, unforgiving at lower RPMS. Verna was a straight reject - I couldnt get into the car (Yes I am a bit tall :p )

What was a casual suggestion by my wife's friend turned out to be a 4 month ordeal before I landed this black beauty in my parking lot. The same day I drove the Fiesta I had the Linea at my door step for a test drive. Now that was probably the first time I was fully realized the meaning of the word, "Difference". Two things that blew me off, the higher torque at lower RPMs, the turbo, the smooth and refined engine.

After other considerations, notably being the Manza and 4 months of booking, cancelling and re-booking I finally landed the Linea on the 3rd week of February.

Its an Hip Hop Black, Emotion Pack. Now that I have it for close to 2 months - I have done 2500 kms, with an average 19 on the highways and 14.5 inside city.

All you folks are just awesome. Heres what I picked from your postings:
    1. Comprehensive PDI
    2. Driving patterns for the run in - 1800 to 2500 RPM
    3. Eco Drive
    4. Com paint - yes, there was an idiot who planted a scratch on my 2nd week
    5. Jasopa dusters and wash instructions & Car covers
    6. Tips for mileage
    etc etc

I did pick up a few minor niggles from the showroom - vibrating front passenger seat and a weird rear left indicator that doesnt work when parked in the afternoon sun! (Yes this is true :confused:)

I should say, TAFE folks were knowledgable and truly amazing ( Pick santhosh and would give him 100 marks on any day) As fate would have it I booked the car in Concorde. Pick any day and I would give below average rating for customer servicing.
    Their service is crap and I am thinking of VST for my 5K service.

Now Maruti with their legacy, was just awesome. They did call me a month back to suggest a new car to me :) FIAT guys - Please do something different.
    In these days, I did get a call from Italy and they did their 20 min questionnaire. I still catch a Linea anywhere in my horizon to decode its variant.

Hoping to bump into you guys sometime soon! I havent seen an active and passionate FIAT forum and fans! You guys Rock!!!

Thanks to Ashwin & bnzjon who were doing their PDI on the same day as I was. Their passion was just awesome. There are some more passionate FIAT lovers in my office and I am hoping to get a group Linea photo uploaded some day.

Here is my first photo and would get additional photos shortly

P1020407.jpg
  2. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    happy motoring govind..........

take care of her,very hard colour to maintain
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  3. Hi Govind, its almost 2 months+ now that both our cars went for registration on the same day from the same dealer. I was expecting you here for a long time and there you are !

Welcome to TFI and congrats on your Black Beauty.

What did you do to the vibrating front seat ? is that rectified ?
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Red carpet welcome to you and your lovely Linea, govind. Explore and enjoy your Linea.
  5. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    Hip Hop black Looks really great.Very nice
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hip Hop Black and Bronzo Scuro are favourite colors on Linea. It looks amazing that you cant recognize that this car priced below 10 lacs. It seems that price of this car is 15 lac +.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Wow, Hip Hop black with Black Tinted feels Strong!!!
    As the color itself mans STRONG, No doubt it gives a feeling of owning a rich car.
  8. geeash

geeash

Chennai
    enjoy the ride govind. did you take our numbers on the day of PDI.?. Yes the service at concorde is equally bad.

ashwin
  9. Satej

Satej

Mumbai
    hey govind can you please tell me where will i get this jasopa duster