1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruise Control for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Prasanna Godugu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    But to achieve this, one would require a cruise control stalk isn't it? Or is it similar to the tests that you have done on your T-jet for making sure that the CC light comes on?
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    CC stalk will not be required. As explained in the description, the resistance is measured by the BCM. So, if a single wire is connected to pin 41 on the BCM with the required resistance, one must get the LED and the MID message. If that happens, that would confirm that this functionality is available.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  3. First the test then the stalk..unfair for other some fiat cars to have the hidden feature and with some car a very distant dream..
    But guys before spending a lot of money(hastily ordering a cc stalk) see if its possible, better to share equipements to reduce the cost of experimentation..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  4. venka

venka BANNED

I can help to get this from US to INDIA. if some one is there to take the responsibility and to experiment with their car , i am more than happy to help them.

Do let me know guys.
  5. RAVI K

RAVI K

Nashik
    Can somebody help me out with Grande punto dynamic instrument cluster problem????

My instrument cluster is showing false dim light on oil and battery indication. I showed this to service center however they suggested me to change cluster which cost 29K.
  6. ^^ this off topic question can you ask this question in appropriate thread.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Im slightly confused. From what is being done inside H5, i believe the resistance must be connected between Pin 34 and PIN 41 right? Sorry if i sound dump.

Does H5 (which is the stalk) have a separate power source in which case PIN 34 needs to be grounded from what is mentioned :confused:
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ From what I understand of the circuit diagram, the CC stalk is between PIN 34 and PIN 41 of the BCM. So, I would think the current flows from PIN 34 to the CC stalk, passes the resistance and flows to PIN 41. From this I assume if PIN 34 of the BCM is hot wired to PIN 41, via a resistor of the given rating for the ON/OFF functionality, it must activate CC.

Ideally, a resistor with a switch can be used, so that we can turn the key to MAR and then switch on and off, to see the activity on the MID. I am a novice when it comes to electronics, so my understanding might be totally off the mark.

BTW, there is a 8 pin connector in the steering column of the GP, that uses a few pins to connect to various switches in the column stalks. So, it is quite possible that there is a common power source somewhere. Give me till evening and I will see if I can find more diagrams.

@vj_v1 - you are the electronics guy. If you are confused, then God help us :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    That's what i was wondering!!! The description said reference comes in from PIN 34 so i was confused when you said wire directly connected to 41 (which i assumed you meant that it should be connected from the battery). I have not had the time to try any of these for all kinds of reasons and have not been able to read related stuff, hence have remained silent for a while. My car is parked outside and it raining regularly which is another turnoff when intending to fiddle with the ECU.

Lol, Did i manage to give you that impression??? Let me clear the air. Im totally dumb as far as electronics is concerned although i am supposed to be an electronics guy technically. Speaking about which, I frankly told the interviewers on my first ever Job Interview that i do not know any electronics, so please don't ask me anything related :D. They still hired me, don't ask me how.
    1 person likes this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    So, do you think connecting pin 34 to pin 41 with the prescribed resistance will be enough to test? I am also wondering if some kind of activation through FES would be necessary.

Rajan