1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruise Control for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Prasanna Godugu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Sorry my bad..mods feel free to delete these off topic posts...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  2. After market CC kits are available at 300 euro.
  3. akumar

akumar Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Sat-chit-ananda : This part is original accessory from FIAT. It will look like factory fitted CC. It includes indicator, wiper and cruise control stalk. I got the part number from your post.
    Based on the advice from fellow teamfiatians, I have decided to first make sure CC works in my Grande Punto.

Thanks,
    Anoop
    1 person likes this.
  4. The price is on higher side but still justifiable..
    See to it if the dealer gives some discount on bulk bookings.
    But before that check if its possible in the 90hp.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  5. Anoop, Please esquire for discounts on bulk purchases, is the 230 euro including shipping?
    Also FYI Pankaj From 99rpm can also help to source this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, just hold on to getting the stalks now. First, make sure that it is doable in Punto and test that in your car to see that if your MID displays the message 'Cruise Control On' after connecting the supply to the relevant pins in the ECU. More research will be needed.
    2 people like this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Don't you guys think it would be prudent to validate the availability of this functionality in the GP, before even discussing group buys? I believe the year of manufacture is also important for this. I know for a fact the "Cruise Control On" message comes up in the MID of a 1.3 MJD Linea Nov 2010, but does not happen in a 1.3 MJD Linea May 2011. That would mean that even if you find it feasible is say a 2010 GP, it still might not work in a 2011 GP.

Rajan
  8. Some one has to try.I am trying to source USB yellow OBD cable first to see if the CC led is present in my car.
  9. akumar

akumar Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Will it be feasible for us (Ranjan and Sat-chit-ananda) to meet and see if it works?
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think before that some research needs to be done to see how that can even be checked in the Punto. What have got is the documentation on pin diagram for Linea only. We need to first understand the procedure and the right pin to test and see if it works in Punto.

Start the search around World using Google. :D

While I was reading, came across some information that few tried in UK to install CC in GP and they failed. The guy got the new stalk, new body computer and a new ECU scan software which claimed that CC can be activated. They failed after all the try.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013