1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruise Control for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Prasanna Godugu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No. It means you will be eligible for free upgrades of the software, if any, for a period of one year. After that, you will not be able to get any upgrades, but the software you have will continue to work. The bundled software is MultiECUScan 1.6. As far as I have seen, newer versions of the software only seem to add support to newer models / cars.

Rajan
  2. akumar

akumar Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I found a contact in Italy who can ship the original FIAT cruise control stalk. He quoted 230 euro (20,000INR) inclusive of shipping. I am very much interested to fix control but not sure if it is worth spending 20K. What do you guys think?

-Anoop

Grande Punto 90 HP
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI, Anoop. :)

How do you know that Cruise Control will work in Indian Punto? First do the research and when you come out with concrete information, then think about ordering the stalk. Not now.
  4. akumar

akumar Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sure. I will do the research and see if it works before spending too much money.

Thanks,
    Anoop
  5. 20k??aftr that also you cant be certain if it will work or not..
    It depends on whether you really want it desperately or not.
    But honestly for me other than an additional feature to showoff or impress our friends(non fiat owners specially) it is hardly applicable on our indian highways(say at a stretch max you can use it for 10-15kms before you have to use brake or downshift)..
    Best of luck with your cruise control project..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Do that. Each FIAT variant is different and I have been telling this all the while. Just because I installed Cruise control in my T-Jet and it works flawlessly, it does not automatically guarantee that it will work for all FIATs. I have seen installations in Puntos as well, but they seem to be very different from the Linea. If I were you, I would not risk 20 K, without having an assurance that it can work. All the best. Feel free to ask away, if you have questions. With the only FIAT with a working CC in India as we speak, I hope I will qualify to answer your questions.

Contrary to the perception of people who have never used CC, at least in Indian roads, that CC is not suitable for our Indian conditions I find it very useful.

Rajan
  7. See its always better to know from people who knows it all...
    Sorry for posting, I really dont feel like putting up any argue against you but still it hurts the ego right in the beginning of thw day..I have said previously even now I am saying when on long drives the initial kms you might find it useful, but after sometime it becomes impractical..we very well know yours is the first tjet, but not the last aint it?
    Please dont post your view its not required..

8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You see Arnab, when I post about braking distance with ABS, you want to claim that it is "Google" knowledge and now you have no qualms posting about CC, though you have not personally used it in Indian roads. I have been holding off saying this for a long time, but I guess I have to say it now.

Whatever is the misunderstanding between us, is outside the forum and is best left outside the forum. Please understand that I have nothing against you and do not post just for the sake of arguing with you. You have your life and your beliefs, and so do I. As you have pointed out yourself many times, this is an internet forum. Some will like what you post and some will dislike. That is how it is.

You are not the only one that thinks that Cruise Control is unsuitable in Indian Highways. That perception is very common across multiple forums. My post was in general for everyone who thinks that way. Yes, mine is not the last T-Jet with CC, but mine is and will remain the first in India. As they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Yes, I do use Google a lot, but seldom post directly from Google. And I do not post on subjects where I have no knowledge or experience. You do not see me posting much in ICE, Detailing or EGR cleaning threads, do you?

So, please let it go and move on. None of my posts are aimed at you. If you feel that way, maybe you should read the whole thread again.

Peace.

Rajan
    4 people like this.
  9. venka

venka BANNED

OT :

CC is going to help to the people who regularly drives on highway , even in nice road . It's pain in ass to keep the leg on accelerator pedal.

When ever i drive my cousin Chevy Cruze on high way i always engage it ( NH-4) It just people perception that for some reason we will dis engage the Cruise control.
    The features and advantage/disadvantage has been discussed many times in cruise control threads .

Lets start a new thread to discuss only the advantages and disadvantages ( if any ) in separate thread . I wish this thread will be dedicated only to Punto CC discussion.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Mr.rajan with due respect I am over with what ever happened..

The posts I post are neither to offense or hurt the sentiments of anyone.Sorry if I have done the same..
    But I would invite you to drive with me(min 1000kms) and then post your view, I am quiet certain it might change..till then no qualms...peace