1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruise Control for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Prasanna Godugu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Brake wear feature can sure be enabled. I was planning on taking the front wheels off and checking for wiring / sensor, one of these days. But the catch is - there is a sensor only on one of the pads in the front wheel. So, if there is uneven pad wear, there will be no warning. It seems to work on the assumption that the pads will wear evenly.

ESP / TCS may not be as simple. The fact finding is on :D

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    AFAIK, Brake pads with Sensors are required for the Brake wear feature. Technically there is no sensor, A cable runs into the brake pad which when comes in contact with the disc (When brake pad is worn), completes the circuit and shows a warning light on the console i think.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Correct. You will also need wiring and connection to the ECU / BCM, so the warning light will come on and a message will be displayed in the MID, when that wire comes in contact with the disc. If that wiring / connection already exists, then it is just a matter of getting a pad with that so called sensor, when you are replacing.

Rajan
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This is the same link I had posted earlier Sat. The issue is, I haven't found even one installation with an aftermarket CC stalk. The column switch is expensive and may not be worth it.

Rajan
  5. I saw price of 80 pounds in some sites for the CC stalk.
  6. Folks,

I am planning on sourcing part number 735521318 and Wired OBD-II adulator(not sure where to get these) with yellow cable.
    Please let me know if any of you ready to join.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  7. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    For ESP/TCS there needs to be ESP sensor(Slewing) here, we already have ABS and ESP works in conjunction with ABS, so getting it to work might not be that difficult, but might need connection to Body computer.

Btw, this also needs the steering angle sensor, which I don't think is there in our cars, unless someone is ready to strip-off the steering and check :)
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You will get it here. A bit pricey, but the best that is available for the DIY enthusiast.

Rajan
  9. Is the software going to work only for 12 months?
    Package contents:
    - ELM327 v1.4b USB interface
    - Adaptor 3 (yellow)
    - 12-month Full Version Software License