1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruise Control for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Prasanna Godugu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Let me put you out of your misery. Looks like you did flick the right resistor. These Chinese stuff is always a gamble. I was lucky, both my scanners work like a charm, post the resistor removal exercise :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Ok, After managing to be one of the Unluckiest buyer of an OBD II scanner which had all kinds of issues i managed to finally make it work. :dancing:dancing Long story short, had to remove the dreaded bridging resistor and had to fix some wrong pinouts on the OBD II connector. Google + Multimeter + Soldering kit = All set.

Now, time to test Cruise Control.

Mine being the 90 HP (Shares ECU with the LINEA MJD) i could not connect when i selected Punto 1.3 MJD on the software. That was actually good news for my test since i wouldn't need the Yellow cable to connect to the Dashboard Module which was specific to the Punto. Selected LINEA 1.3 MJD and was able to connect.

Are you ready guys??? Bad news it is for the MultiJetters :( :(.

The Cruise control link did not work. All other lights, most other lights that were supposed to work worked but the Cruise Light failed to execute.

Cruise.jpg

What does this mean??? It means the related software is unavailable/disabled on the LINEA ECU's and hence it's not a straight forward install like it is for the TJET. I guess the Leonardo program etc being discussed elsewhere comes into play. :confused: :confused:
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Nope. The Leonardo is just another software, similar to FIATEcuScan software. This could just mean that the LED is not soldered on to the console. It is the "For India" bit on the ECU that bothers me.

Rajan
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    In which case we'll not be able to figure out even if the voltage is applied to the correct PINS ??? I guess, someone has to now open up the Console to see if the PINS are soldered that is if we find the PINOUT for the connector there. Is that info available on the Elearn??

However, since it says FAILED, i think there is no response from the ECU itself. For instance i tried the Brake wear Alarm light and it didn't say failed. It said executed but nothing showed up on the DASH.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Did you read this thread? Page 4 onwards seems to have relevant info. I am guessing that on the GP, you will need to connect pin 8 to pin 41, activate CC and then try to test the LED.

Rajan
  6. vj_v1,

You are the Alpha or leader of the pack now!!
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Thanks for the link Rajan, i have to read through the numerous threads that i have bookmarked over the last couple of weeks. Being the lazy person i am, haven't been able to to read any of it in detail.

Sat, i've just attempted to check out the basic stuff in anticipation of this being straight forward like it was on the Jet. Been able to spend only a couple of hrs during the weekends for this. So, nothing's happening soon from my side.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    It works in my Linea MJD. Not only cruise control but brake wear indicator light, VDC/ASR/TCS light too work.
    3 people like this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That light only means that the LED is in place. In my T-Jet, both Glowplug warning and Water in Diesel Fuel lights come on :D

Rajan
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    so that means the brake wear feature can be enabled as well? now that's another nice feature to have

- - - Merged Post - - -

TCS == traction control??
    If yes then wohoo!!