1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruise Control for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Prasanna Godugu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I was only cleaning the dust in the engine bay
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh yeah?? right... ;)
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    So, i am here continuing with the thought process. As per the MES site for connecting with the body computer of a Grande punto 1.3 mjd we need the adapter 3 (yellow cable). So i changed the connection of my ELM327 to emulate the adapter 3 connector but still i could not connect to the body computer. In fact i was not able to connect to ecu too with the adapter 3 configuration. I was not able to connect to any model with the cable 3 config. Why is that so?. I again changed the connections of the ELM327 back to the original one and i am able to connect to the all modules as linea 1.3, but only ecu as grande punto 1.3 not the body or the dashboard.

In fact with the original config of ELM327 i am able to connect to some other models too like, Stilo, Idea, Punto intern etc.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Any further updates on CC for Punto.

I am looking for CC for my Punto 90HP.
  5. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    I am not sure the models we get here in INDIA is same as what the MES thinks. For FIRE 1.4, connecting to 1.4 16v give an ISO error, but I ignored and went ahead, as I did not have any option. I used Idea 1.4 16v for all my changes. So don't worry about your model not present in MES. I remember Rajan or someone mentioning Punto Intern is the one to use. Cheers...hope you solve the CC puzzle for Punto.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    ^^I too get an ISO error when i connect as idea 1.3 but what i am telling is that when i try to connect as grande punto it asks for the adapter. I could not connect to the body both with the original ELM pin out connection and also the emulated adapter 3 connections. That's what makes me think that our grande punto should be different from the grande punto what is available in the Europe and so we cannot follow the methods they have followed for enabling the CC.

Also, i am not getting ISO error when i connect as linea 1.3 or punto intern 1.3
  7. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Pardon my ignorance and stupid question, but can we not seek help from Wolf Moto team on this ?
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hope Rajan already discussed with them

Sent from my Micromax A50 using Tapatalk 2
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    update: Cruise control in punto 90 HP

Guys, Yesterday i was working to enable the CC in 90 HP punto. First i connected my stalk with Pin 8 of connector F in the Body Computer under the dashboard. Turned the key to MAR and then checked for the presence of +12 volt. I got +12 volt and the on/ off switch in my stalk was also working. Then i checked for the resistance and i got 324 ohms. I checked the resistance for the '+' function in my stalk and i was getting 323 ohms.

So, made sure that my stalk works fine. Now disconnected the -ve terminal of the battery and inserted the 'on/off' wire to pin 20 in the ECU and the '+' function wire to pin 21 of the ECU. Connected the battery again and turned the key to MAR. No message came in the MID. Still i was optimistic that it may work if i drive the car. So with the temporary connections, i drove the car and tested it. Above 40 kmph i kept the '+' function pressed to see whether CC becomes active. But it does not.

Though the connections were temporary, i am sure that they are solid enough for a test drive. Therefore, the final result is SETBACK. I will not say its a failure because we are still trying to figure out the exact cause for not able to activate CC in MJD. Our experts are on the job to confirm the presence of software in the ECU. Lets hope for the best. Till then, i will keep my research continuing.....
    3 people like this.