1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cruise Control for Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Prasanna Godugu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @saugat: That's a very nice common sense jugaad you did. So, we are back to square one. Rajan was mentioning about the resistance values. Is there any thing relevant to that. My question is that, how will the body computer deduct the "cruise control on"? Is it by the presence of voltage?
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Well I was dozing off in the sunday morning when suddenly a thought struck me. If the cruise control is routed through body computer in mjd's will we get the "cruise control on" message just by giving it a12 v power supply? Won't the computer check for the speed as cruise control is activated only above 40 kmph? @saugat since you have already done the proxy alignment and if your connections are safe enough and road worthy why don't you give it a test drive and see whether cruise control works or not? Just a suggestion but you should be the best judge.

Now I wii wait for the ELM327 after which I will try the above in my punto.

I don't think any other reason for cc not working. If there is no code written then its a different issue.

Sent from my Micromax A50 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Satish - Not quite right. The 12V to pin 20 only tells the ECU that CC is available and switched on. SO, the MID displays a message. Default behaviour is - turn CC on; get message - even when engine is not running.

I am amazed at your perseverance and am very sure you will crack it. All the best

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys went for shopping yesterday. At last i could find a shop which sells wires. I think i can start a separate post for the search for wires because it took almost 2 hrs for me to find a shop :shocked. But the closest match that i could find was 0.5 sq mm triple insulated V-Guard wire and not the automotive grade. Did not buy it, thought i will confirm with you guys. Also, i bought 330 ohm resistor, one 1 w and two 0.25 w which one to use?
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Received ELM327 just now. :dancing

IMG_20131130_134544.jpg

So will start the work tomorrow.
    3 people like this.
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Spent almost 2 hrs to figure out that there is some problem with the ELM327 i recieved. I was able to connect with the ECU but when i am trying to connect with the body for proxy alignment i am getting an error saying that "the connection to the ECU is unreliable please check your connection or the port settings". Do i need to remove the resistor or i need the yellow adapter? Will find out what i need and proceed further. Till then its a set back.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Was going through the multiecuscan website. Checked for the interface requirements of both punto and linea. It can be seen that for punto with delphi body computers we need the adapter cable 3 and for linea no adapter cable is required for CAN/Proxy alignment.

interface requirement for GP1.3MJD.PNG

interface requirement for linea1.3MJD.PNG

I have a grande punto 90 HP whose body computer is marelli and not delphi so, can we assume that adapter cable is not required as it can be considered as linea.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Satish,

Connect to the car as Linea and not Punto. If you are still not able to connect to anything except the Engine, then the 120 ohm resistor between Can H and Can L will need to be removed. If you need help locating the resistor, please post clear picture of both sides of the circuit. Also, peeling off the label will reveal two screws underneath, which hold the two halves of the case together.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Rajan, I connected to the car as linea only and never i have used grande punto. In fact, for proxy alignment i connected to the car a idea 1.4 8v as suggested by you though i was thinking why should i connect to a MJD using petrol version (if i am not wrong). With both Idea and linea i was able to connect to the ECU and while i was connected to the car using Idea as the version i get a warning that my connection wont function correctly as invalid ISO code has been selected. Ok i will post the pictures of the ELM327 in the afternoon.

I consider the soul of 90 HP as only linea after all this studying:-D
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Rajan, Here are the pictures of the PCB of my ELM327

DSCN0755.jpg

DSCN0756.jpg

DSCN0757.jpg

DSCN0761.jpg

The first two pictures are taken from the P&S using macro mode. The last two were taken with the same camera by using a magnifying glass:-D
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013